SmartThings Edge Drivers: LZW30-SN, LZW30, LZW31-SN, LZW31, LZW36, LZW41, LZW42, LZW45, LZW60, VZM31-SN, VZM35-SN, VZW31-SN, VZM36, NZW30, NZW31

After all of the drama over the last 2 years regarding the end OF IDE, Webcore, etc… I am trying to keep as much of my automations local, within the smartthings app.

1 Like

I’m trying a workaround on this, but did you see my mention above? I know it isn’t the best solution but as a workaround, if you change both of the on & off options to the same color they will at least be the same when you turn on and off the switch.

@m6614777 I made a change to the Red On/Off and Red Dimmer to not apply the Off LED color. The option is there to change it, but it is just ignored. That should fix the issue you are having so check the driver date in the app to see when it gets updated.

@wajo357 I’ve added more colors to the LED color options. I will probably add more, but I need to see how fast the changes get pushed out to the hub. Let me know when you can see the additional colors.

Hi, I @EricM_Inovelli, I just received the update (2022-12-14), it is now working perfectly. It keeps the last led notification even when I turn on the light. Thanks again.

2 Likes

I installed the Edge driver for my red series switch and have a Routine setup in smartthings to fast blink the notification light if my back door or shed door is open. This works but it does not reset when the doors are closed, I have to double tap the button to reset it (it will reset even if the doors are still open) Prior to the edge driver I had this routine setup in “Smart lighting” and it worked perfect, there was an option to stop the notification if the doors closed.

Is this a limitation of the driver, the routine in ST or am I missing something in the setup?

Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks

It’s a SmartThings thing. You have to set a separate routine to turn it off when the condition goes back to normal. So one routine to turn on the notification and a second routine to turn it off. It’s not the driver, it’s just how ST works.

2 Likes

Thank you! I created a separate routine to turn the notification off and it works perfect.

I wish they would incorporate some of the logic from the smart lighting app as that was easier to use.

2 Likes

I made a routine (smartthings) for when the door is unlocked. works flawlessly. as noted above, I had to make a separate routine for turning the notification OFF.

just love those switches! :muscle:

1 Like

Hi EricM, when are associations for SmartThings Edge drivers coming?

Certainly nice to do from driver, but in the meantime the below driver worked perfectly for me. Switch to this driver, add associations one at a time, then switch back to regular driver.

If you’re associating something on an edge driver you can get the network ID using the below, otherwise the network ID is in the IDE.

2 Likes

Yeah, I haven’t had the time to add this to the driver, but as @will.knecht mentioned, there is a way to currently do it with a second driver. I actually wrote up instructions a little bit ago:

How To’s | Setup Z-Wave Associations - SmartThings Edge - Wiki & How-To’s - Docs - Inovelli Community

got a question. sorry if it’s been asked before: if I enrolled into the beta program, do I need to unenroll and reinstall all affected devices again? since smartthings’ been on a transition from ide to edge, do they take care of that from their side?

Are you referring to the SMARTTHINGS beta program?

I don’t think that ultimately Smartthings will migrate Inovelli switches using the drivers in the INOVELLI channel posted at the top of this thread, but this is my suspicion. I am guessing that at best, SmartThings may include Inovelli fingerprints in the native Z-wave switch driver, but again this is my assumption.

I have not had any Inovelli switches automatically migrated to any driver. So what remains to be seen is if an Inovelli gets automatically migrated to the native driver, if you can then swtich drivers to the Inovelli Edge driver, making it so you don’t have to exclude and re-add the switch to get there.

1 Like

If you mean the Inovelli beta driver channel, you would want to switch to the current drivers:

• Enroll in the channel from the top of this thread and install whichever drivers are relevant for your devices.
  • If you have devices already running those drivers, switch them to the current drivers in the ST app: go to the device, select “driver” from the three-dot menu, “select different driver”; repeat for each device.
  • From your hub device in the ST app, select three-dot menu, “driver”, delete the old beta drivers and unenroll from the beta channel.
2 Likes

I can see I had them installed already. thought that was the beta driver channel I was enrolled to but now I confirm it’s the official channel. thanks for clarifying :muscle:

2 Likes

So maybe I’m missing this, but is there a way yet in a smartthings routine to change the LED without setting the switch state when on edge drivers? See attached.

Basically I have 2 red series on/off switches, both set to non-relay and no local control, acting as switches for some smart bulbs (zigbee). I’d like to change the brightness of the switch LED to mimic what it would do if it were acting as a normal smart switch, and set the brightness to 10% when the lights are off. For some reason if I have the routine in the screen shot on, it triggers the other switch to turn the relay off (and the whole circuit with it) even though it shouldn’t.

I’d like to be able to change the LED color and brightness without having to set the switch state if possible.

Yes, it’s not intuitive, though. If you press the switch state, it will de-select.

3 Likes

@EricM_Inovelli i see in the blue series driver you changed the led bar intensity to a 1-100 scale instead of picking from a list, so now on the blues it lets us go down all the way to “1” (instead of just 5 on the reds) which is great for bedrooms at night. Can that change be made in the red series driver as well?

Red series only supports an intensity of 0-10. If you try to set it with a scale of 0-100 the driver just adjusts it via the equation:

local value = utils.round(tonumber(command.args.level) / 10)

Got it. Thanks for the quick response!

1 Like