SmartThings Edge Drivers: LZW30-SN, LZW30, LZW31-SN, LZW31, LZW36, LZW41, LZW42, LZW45, LZW60, VZM31-SN, VZM35-SN, VZW31-SN, VZM36, NZW30, NZW31

The ones I had marked in my driver were:

- id: "0312/6100/6100"
    deviceLabel: Inovelli NZW97 Outdoor Outlet
    manufacturerId: 0x0312
    productType: 0x6100
    productId: 0x6100
    deviceProfileName: inovelli-nzw97
  - id: "015D/2500/2500"
    deviceLabel: Inovelli NZW37 Indoor Outlet
    manufacturerId: 0x015D
    productType: 0x2500
    productId: 0x2500
    deviceProfileName: inovelli-nzw37
  - id: "0312/2500/2500"
    deviceLabel: Inovelli NZW37 Indoor Outlet
    manufacturerId: 0x0312
    productType: 0x2500
    productId: 0x2500
    deviceProfileName: inovelli-nzw37

Oh, and these devices support an “auto off timer” set by zwave parameter. I had them in the preferences as:

- title: "Auto Off Channel 1"
    name: autoOffChannel1
    description: "Automatically turn switch 1 off after this number of seconds"
    required: false
    preferenceType: integer
    definition:
      minimum: 0
      maximum: 32767
      default: 0
  - title: "Auto Off Channel 2"
    name: autoOffChannel2
    description: "Automatically turn switch 2 off after this number of seconds"
    required: false
    preferenceType: integer
    definition:
      minimum: 0
      maximum: 32767
      default: 0

I’ll try your driver updates on an dual outdoor plug soon!

1 Like

I’ve added those config options to our driver and will push it out a little later. Thanks!

1 Like

Please explain how to do this for this newbie? I have a LZW30-SN paired to an Aeotech hub, and when I go through the install of the smarthing edge drivers for my switch, then go to IDE to change them, I can’t update it because the Device Network ID is missing. It seems to have paird correctly and everything. What am I missing?

1 Like

Most importantly, stay out of the IDE for this. The IDE is mostly deprecated and will only serve to hose what you are doing, not help it.

The first step, which it sounds like you have done, is to load this channel from the link in the first post. To confirm, open the page for the hub in the app and select the 3-dot menu, Driver. Scroll down to the bottom and look under the Channels your hub is registered to section. You should see Inovelli Edge Drivers listed.

Once the channel is loaded, add the switch using Scan Nearby. The switch will load and pick up the proper driver. There is nothing to change. To confirm that the switch is using the proper driver, open the device’s page in the app and select Driver from the 3-dot menu. It will show Inovelli Switch Red Series (for a LZW30-SN).

If you are upgrading from an existing Groovy driver, you may have to Zwave exclude the switch before re-adding it.

2 Likes

I think I got the drivers finally loaded. I went into the app and changed the drivers after going to the smart thing edge drivers page and installing them. Only my choices are not the same as anything described in any other page I’ve seen about how to program scenes. I only have three choices, button one button two button three, and then when I choose one of them, I’m taking to a page that gives me pressed, held, press twice, press three times, press four times, and hold. I’ve included some pictures. Let me know if that seems right.

This is what it shows me after I’ve made my choices. This does not work correctly at the switch by the way.

First, let’s make sure you are using the correct driver. For the switch you are trying to program, select the Driver menu from the device’s page and post a screenshot.

Then, explain what you are trying to do with a routine.

I’ll get the screen shots when I get home, and probably just exclude and re-add the switch.

I have two outlets behind two led mirrors in my bathroom. When LED is off, it has these ridiculously bright blue lights for off, dim, and anti fog. It practically lights up the whole bathroom. There is no switch to controlI those outlets, so I installed two ge smart outlets behind the mirrors and used Alexa to turn them on and off. My wife really wanted a switch though. I had this one I bought in 2020 to play with but never installed, and then went with ge/enbrighten z-wave instead. Don’t remember why. Trying to get it to work now for this application.

Ok, so you just need to turn the receptacles on and off with button presses, which is what you were trying, I think.

• Start a new Routine and select Device Status.
  • Select your switch.
  • Scroll down to the Down Button section and select Pressed and select Done
  • In the then selection select your receptacle and configure it to turn off
  • Create another routine for the Up Button and configure the receptacle to turn on.

I must not have the right driver, because I don’t have any selections like that. If I start in smart lighting and press the plus, it goes to a page that looks like The second picture, I select the two outlets that I want to control with the switch, I select that I want them to turn on, and then when I click device status the third picture and click button, that is what I see, there’s no scrolling there’s only three choices. If I select any I go to the fourth picture and that’s all I can do, I can select multiple items on that page but it makes no sense what happens to the switch.

Another thing I need to explain is that the switch is hardwired to control to under cabinet lighting outlets. The two smart outlets I wanted to add on to control with double tap up to turn on, and double tap down to turn off.

1 Like

It looks like smart lighting isn’t pulling the button label and is just calling them button1, 2, 3. You can play around with the app to see which button is which (one is up, one is down, and one is config).

Why not use routines like @Bry mentioned in his response though? It should have the button labels correct. You can use Up button pressed 2 times to turn on and Down button pressed 2 times to turn off.

So I set up the routine and then have Smart lighting run it? I guess that went Right by me and I didn’t realize what he was saying. I’ll give that a shot

No, you set up a routine and it runs by itself. The routine has a trigger and a resulting action. I showed you above what the trigger looks like. You’re not using Smartlighting at all for this.

1 Like

Got it. I can’t remember why I started down the smart lighting path, something I read somewhere, but it’s set up now. I’m out of town until Friday, but I’ll have my wife check it out. Thanks for all your help

Glad you got it going. The capabilities between Smartlighting and Routines are largely similar, with a few differences. My approach is to do it with a Routine and use Smartlighting if that fails. Personal preference though.

Other than glitchy things like this, the main advantage I currently see to Routines over SL is that they’ll show up in the device’s Routines tab, so you can track down what’s triggering a surprise event. At this point most of my remaining SL automations are motion-driven, because SL allows you to turn off after motion stops while Routines only allow you to turn off after a fixed time.

1 Like

Tested the latest updates on a NZW97 and they work great! Thanks!

Also I made some updates to the Hubitat driver for the NZW97 while testing the device on both ST and HE, submitted a pull request on GitHub for the updates.

1 Like

Awesome, thanks! I approved it.

1 Like

I figured out my other issue, but wanted to revive an issue I had early on in this process with the LZW36. I have smart bulbs in my fan, so I need local control off. is there anyway to turn of local control for just the light switch?

Here is the button combo insert:

3 Likes

Thank you! I could have sworn I looked that up before, but must not have. That is great though!

1 Like