Stolen Package from mailbox

Hi Inovelli,
I sent a message earlier this week but haven’t gotten a response. I had a package with 2 red series on/off switches delivered last Friday and that evening someone decided to pry open the mailboxes for our street and steal all the contents including my 2 switches. Is this covered by insurance through the post office or am I SOL?

Hey I’ll message you – apologies, Courtney and I saw this ticket the other day and weren’t really sure how to proceed to be honest and I think we just forgot about it amidst the chaos this week.

Credit card should have insurance for this if a police report was filed. Inovelli is not responsible legally.

2 Likes

Sadly these are free with points switches! Inovelli definitely is not responsible, but our “community” boxes are actually owned by USPS so the hope was that Inovelli could file an insurance claim with USPS.

1 Like

Yeah, this is tricky as it’s technically not USPS’s fault either (although possibly if it is a mailbox owned by them as you said). In our experience, they will only, “pay-out” (I use this term super lightly too as it’s such a PITA to claim anything and takes forever to process) if the package is lost by them.

Since the item was stolen, I’m not sure how it works.

Never a dull moment in the world lol!

1 Like

Yea our mailboxes are one of the few (in our area at least) that they are actually owned by USPS. I hate USPS and it doesn’t surprise me that filing a claim with them is a nightmare. Our postal carrier, who actually is awesome, told me to contact Inovelli and that they should be able to file a claim. As I mentioned in my follow email Eric, if USPS isn’t going to cover you guys then I’ll take the loss as the switches were free with points anyway. It’s a bummer but you guys have had a rough year and giving away your already slim inventory to cover theft doesn’t help.

2 Likes