Switched Outlet 3-Way (Wiring Opinion)

It seems that I have found another unique wiring circuit in the house. I have a three way switched circuit controlling two outlets were the top plugs are controlled by the 3 way switches and the bottom plugs receive constant power. The issue the power(line) is in one switch box and the neutral is in another and I don’t believe this will work for standard installation

@Eric_Inovelli or community could you review my schematic…

I will study the Aux and Double Smart Switch install to see if I can reuse the traveler wires in some manor to move the line &/or nuetral…

@lockout - I’m so confused on this. You have two power sources (one on each side of the outlets)? Are you just trying to power up the switched outlets or? It may be simple, but the two lines coming in is throwing me off. @EricM_Inovelli - He’s the smart one on wiring.

The power on the outlets have a tab it is broken off so constant line feeds the lower outlet and then the switched load feeds the top outlet… therefore two separate power sources…

I think I see what it’s doing here. I’m familiar with the broken tab. Power is coming in from the right and feeds the outlets via switches. The left line is coming in from another branch. wow…I wish there was a 14/3 coming from the right outlet to the first switch cuz then I would say you could install two inovelli switches. I would isolate the two switches via travelers and just link them (via RF) to turn on the outlets together…I’m guessing this is for bedside lamps or something?

I wonder if you can get by with a dimmer version, but use it as 100% on all the time vice trying to dim (cut voltage)…?

@harjms arms

Looks Like if I do this it should work with an Aux Switch…

Just Don’t have one to try…

@lockout - That may work!

Other option seems also feasible with two Smart Switches but really messes up the wire colors…

I tested the two smart switch solution this morning and my assumption was correct. It works!! Once I disabled the relay on the “no-load switch” and then associated it with the “load switch” it worked without any problems…

Well the only problem I now have is this used my last Red Switch, that was planned for another location… :angry:

You can always buy more! :grin: