Thread 2-1 Switch (On/Off & Dimmer) | Project Jonagold (White Series)

I just preordered 10 of these bad boys. Let’s gooooooooo!

Some updated production pictures FYI (sorry idk why the formatting is so jacked up):

image image image
image image
image image

Right now they’ve done as much of the production as they can without flashing the final firmware on it as that firmware is still in Matter Certification (which is taking a little longer than we thought – it was our first time doing it, so we didn’t know what we didn’t know). Once Certification is complete, they can finalize everything and get these shipped.

I’m hoping it’s just a matter (pun intended) of days before it’s done, but I haven’t heard anything yet other than they’re waiting.

Everything looks great though! Love how the packaging and product turned out.

7 Likes

I just ordered a 10-pack as well!

I was just looking through the online manuals; I wanted to let you know that the short code for the “White Series 2-in-1 Switch” digital link is incorrect (“https://inov.li/lvtm31sn”). Instead, https://inov.li/vtm31sn looks like it links to the correct page.

I very much appreciate the excellent work you and your company are putting into these products. And I’m looking forward to experimenting with these soon!

Preordered long ago, waiting to install them and see how they work before I order my next 50x (across family). Hoping cert comes soon! :kissing_heart:

DId I miss the announcement/communication that these are now 2 separate wall switches instead of a combo 2 in 1? Just happened to see in another post that there are 4 SKUs in the white series now and dimmer and on/off are separate SKUs.

Well, since you are asking, apparently you did. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Kicked off in February . . . a white and a blue. There should be a red sooner or later.

1 Like

When will the Smart On/Off Switch be availabile for Pre-Orders again?

Good point! :joy:

My main question was around the 2-1 being changed to dimmer. I notice the Blue series was also changed from 2-1 to Dimmer. Does that mean they can no longer be configured for on/off mode?

It can still do on/off mode fine… The nomenclature change to “dimmer” was to mitigate confusion about the switch being a true on/off relay (which it’s not). The on/off functionality is actually done thru the dimmer.

The no-kidding on/off switch actually has a relay, so it can act as a true on/off switch (which is a critical distinction for some loads).

1 Like

thanks, that clarifies it!

Did the dumb accessory switch for 3-ways get retired as part of the change? I’m getting ready to pre-order some white series dimmers, and it’d be nice to save a little bit of money on the 3-way setups I have

Are you referring to the Aux switch? That is still available and has not been retired.

1 Like

That is what I was referring to and I just found it. Thank you. New website looks absolutely stunning, BTW, just reorganized stuff in a way where I was apparently blind to it.

1 Like

@Eric_Inovelli Thank you for making this great product! Super excited! Previous I tried the wemo dimmer no-neutral version. When I switched off, the light is still on dimly.

That being said, what is the minimum power supported by this switch? I would like to understand if it will have a similar artifact.

Generally speaking, for all Inovelli non-neutral configurations, 25W. That being said, real life experiences with in-circulation switches show that this number can vary.

It’s not unusual for a bulb(s) to remain dimly illuminated in a non-neutral configuration. That is usually solved by installing a bypass, which along with the bulb, allows for sufficient power to be passed to the switch without illuminating the bulb(s).

A bypass would probably work for the Wemo too, although I’d check the documentation to see if they recommend it. I don’t have any personal experience with them.

1 Like

Really excited to get this switch setup however I have a couple of questions as I’ve been trying to track down info but can’t seem to find it consolidated.

1. What are the differences in functionality as compared to the blues? Will any functionality be missing? If so could we get a comparison list of what works on white series vs blue series, and any key differences?
  2. Any update to shipping timeline? Debating ordering more blues or waiting for the whites.
1 Like

See: Red Series vs Blue Series vs White Series • Which is Best for You? | Inovelli Help Center

Thank you! This is indeed super helpful! I added a bypass and now my lights can be turned off!

What is the limitation of not having the LED animations?

I understand that it is not part of the Matter “Dimmer Switch” device library requirements, but I understood those were a minimum for functionality and a manufacturer could add other features to their product to differentiate themselves. You already have done this with the Blue 2-1.

If that is not the case could you dual certify the White dimmer as a “Dimmer Switch” and an “Extended Color Light” (or 7 of them) as it appears the LED bar does everything required by an Extended Color Light?

@EricM_Inovelli – can you answer this?

@Carl – we have solid color notifications because we made an additional endpoint. But I’m not sure how we would add animated notifications. I’ll defer to the other Eric for the explanation.

Edit: For the record, I’d love it if we could get animated notifications so if we can get it to work, I’m all ears!