[TIP] Aluminum Channel for LZW45 LED Light strip

After buying and returning three different aluminum channels from Amazon, I’ve finally found one that fits the LZW45 and wanted to share.

Due to the thickness of the weather proofing and the wideness of the connectors, you need a wider channel. I must also warn you that the diffusers are nearly impossible to slide in, I had to pry them in.

3 Likes

Thanks! I was just about to do the same process.

Nice find! I got these after trying a couple others that didn’t work (no huge loss, since I already had the others for Hue): https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01IY1L3RA/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_VAXXT24ETBH2N5YEWV9W

As you found, the connector was indeed the hardest part to fit in the channels for me (otherwise, lots other things almost worked). If the specs are correct, yours look a bit wider than these so would be even more certain to not have problems, but I wasn’t a fan of the strips being too lose inside (I didn’t use the adhesive backing…just put them in :man_shrugging: ).

2 Likes

What’s needed is the channel specific: U03, U04, or U05. U05 is deeper and will give a more even glow when used with a milky white diffuser. The U03 is the same specs internal wise, with an outside flange which looks great when flush mounted.