Unreliable Association behavior between Red Dimmer and RGBW Bulbs

Bumping this but I am wondering if anyone here experiencing this issue isn’t using a 700 series stick? I am realizing that the 700 series firmware has some network flooding issues which were fixed somewhat recently. About to flash new firmware to my 700 series stick. Wondering if it is worth testing to see if that resolves the issue, but don’t really want to break my setup again :laughing:

In having this same issue with a 500 series z-wave chip (HUSBZB-1).

Agreed. 500 series Nortek here.

The latest 700 firmware doesn’t fix the association issue but it does fix the failed/dropped device issue that was known with the 700 sticks

I just rebuilt my zwave network 5 days ago since I managed to finally grab one of the Aeotec Z-stick 7’s. I have setup several associations on my network with several LZW42s and so far everything has been flawless. The only hiccup was user error when an old redundant automation I forgot about was also turning the bulbs off. This did lead to home assistant thinking the bulbs were off when in reality the bulb(s) were on.

Just don’t “heal”, I think that is repeatably when the association to the last bulb associated tends to fail.

That is my experience to-date at least.

Correct – This has been my experience as well since I originally started the topic. It is very easy to reproduce the behavior with healing.

I did however find a workaround which is that you can heal your network, so long as you power off your bulbs before doing so. Allow those bulbs to fail during healing and when it finishes, the rest of your network will have healed but the bulbs remain functional when powered back on.

2 Likes

Sorry to revive an old thread, but has there been any movement on this?

I just installed five LZW42s in a lamp post and can’t reliably get them all on my network at the same time.Power cycling repeatedly will sometimes bring a bulb back - but often will leave another disconnected.

I’m running Home Assistant using Z-WaveJS2MQTT and an Aetoc Z-Stick 7+

No, the manufacturer was unwilling to support their product for Inovelli and Inovelli has moved on to a different manufacturer. Unfortunately this is unlikely to be resolved.

That’s disappointing - especially since Inovelli is still selling the bulbs.