UPDATE: Dimmer Switches Update Thread - Production Starts Oct. 4th!

Thank Eric - I’ll keep holding the line as long as I can!

I know you guys are trying hard. I’ve been a part of pre orders many times in the past and as others have said, you’ve all done a very good job at communicating and seem to honestly care which makes all the difference.

What is the MSRP?
Any updates on the bypass/wattage threshold question?

Thanks,
Jeff

Great question and my bad, I’m just seeing that you asked this earlier.

MSRP (for USA – Canada will be equivalent to USA + the Exchange Rate):

Inovelli.com

• Black Series = $29.97
  • Red Series = $36.97

Amazon.com

• Black Series = $31.97
  • Red Series = $38.97

As for the bypass threshold question – I still am waiting on the manufacturer, but I’ll follow up today.

EDIT: @jeffreyropp – you likely will only need one bypass for multiple lights that do not equal 25W :slight_smile:

Hi Eric,

So I’m not clear on when the Inovelli stock lands (outside the pre-orders). I am already eyeing the next few locations to install these. :thinking:

Ha, well without getting into too much detail – there should be (depending on how crazy ppl get) enough inventory shipping to Amazon USA to last about 2 weeks until the large batch arrives. However, I’ve been surprised before about how quickly these things sell!

1 Like

LOL! Well, I hope you are surprised! :grin: I’ll try to do my part

Hello there, I’ve been following this thread since the beginning and waiting like other for over a year.

I’m in Canada. So if I understand well there is a lower price for those dimmers if you pre-order? How do you pre-order? Because if I remember back then I wanted to pre-order them but couldn’t ship to Canada on your website.

Can you confirm price for pre-order instead of msrp and is there any way that I could get that even if I’m in Canada?

Thanks

1 Like

Might be interested too!! Team Canada!

Now that’s what I’m talking aboot!! Lol :slight_smile:

Hey @mmarques – welcome to the community! Great to have another friend from the North!

So, pre-orders were definitely open to Canadians, however, we had to charge shipping due to the high costs of bringing it over the border. I believe shipping was around $15 or something similar.

I looked through our ticket history and it looks like you’ve been talking to Kyle and Courtney for quite some time and it appears there was a mixup in what Kyle told you so I’m going to reach out via PM to explain the situation.

Either way, I’ll make sure we take care of you.

Hang tight for the PM.

Hi @Eric_Inovelli,

Would appreciate if you reached out to me as well. I’ve chatted with you about ordering from Canada as well on reddit and have been talking with Kyle via email for months. I ended up being able to get the regular switches during the flash sale VS the coupon code that was offered but still need to get the dimmers.

Thanks

I was wondering if we’d be able to set a motion rule on Hubitat so the light comes on at 10% at night regardless of the last dimmer level used without the light coming on at 100% then going down to 10%? I know some dimmers don’t have the ability to present the dimmer level before it turns on the light.

Thanks.

@Terk, This should be easy on Hubitat. After setting up the trigger event (motion sensor) and using a condition of Time or mode, use the “Set Dimmer Level” command to 10% (or whatever level) instead of turning on a switch. Since the switch is off, or 0%, the light should dim up to 10% and not the previous level. Here is a simple example:

1 Like

Hi Eric,

Thanks for all the updates, finding this page has been a great resource for current state.

Like some recent posts, I too am in the Great White North and eager to install this product throughout my house.

My question to you is, will it be cheaper to wait for the Amazon Canada shipment or should those of us who have an Ameri-Friend try and snag via the Amazon US initial shipment?

I have a large want (5+) for these devices, and was going to go the Caseta route, until I found this update.

Willing to wait a few more weeks, just wondering what the best approach would be? I dont want to steal the limited stock from those in the US.

Cheers and looking forward to packing my house with these!

1 Like

I have been holding off buying any switches until the new dimmers are out. I am eager to get some of these.

I’ve been eagerly waiting as well.

Thanks for the follow up @Eric_Inovelli.

Does 10/28 sound right for availability from inovelli or Amazon?

Thanks, I appreciate it! It’s sometimes hard to deliver bad news as I’m so invested in these products, but I’m hoping the transparency outweighs some of the unfavorable news about delays!

Great question! The Canadian pricing will be the same as the US pricing x the exchange rate, so I don’t think it will be cheaper overall, but you will get them sooner :slight_smile:

This may be the most Canadian thing I’ve ever heard – everyone is so nice! I say, “first come, first serve” lol

Well, it did up until a few days ago :frowning: . Now we’re looking at November 10th shipment to the US and then I’d say likely around the 13th, we’ll fulfill pre-orders and then likely a couple days after that we’ll have them up on Inovelli.com and Amazon USA. Canada likely a week or so after that.

Nooooo!!! Why does this keep happening, I thought production would be smooth or at least predictably bad. How did they just find a quality issue now if they started production on October 4th, shouldn’t they be done with the entire run by now? Did they finish but they have to reflash everything? It just doesn’t add up.

I would assume they’ve completed at least the majority of the run unless they encountered additional delays for other reasons. If that’s the case, any chance they could send one batch that you can sell to pre orders (me!) that have the ability to do OTA updates on? Hell, I’ll pay for shipping from the factory for my batch, I’m literally out of runway on this and will have to scramble now to find an alternative for my entire house if I can’t make this work.

Reach out to me and let me know if we can work something out…I’m trying so damn hard not to cancel the order of these 90 switches – you really don’t understand how much effort it’s been for me to keep dealing with these unexpected delays.

And to everyone that says I shouldn’t have counted on a pre order for a time critical application. Yes, I learned my lesson.

Let me see what I can do.

Has there been any discussion regarding any discounts on future orders or any sort of compensation for those that pre-ordered these? I’ve been patiently waiting for these since they were ordered in March. I think that everyone understands delays happen but I also wasn’t under the impression at the time of placing my pre-order that 8 months later there still isn’t a firm ship date for these dimmers.