Vzm36 blue canopy fan controller breeze mode not working

I just purchased a few of these vzm36 blue (zigbee) canopy fan controllers. All the lighting dims perfectly (other than the leds staying barely lit when off but I ordered bypasses for that), and all of the speeds (high, medium, low) work when selected. All but one of the units work in “smart”/breeze mode. All are setup the same with speeds and times entered for all the parameters for smart operation. When placed in smart mode, all fans show “smart” under state. All fans turn on and all but one cycle through the different speeds. The one that doesn’t cycle appears to be on constant low speed even though it shows smart under state. I can’t figure out what’s wrong, other than a defective unit. All the speeds work perfectly when in manual mode so the hardware is working. Any ideas on what else I could check for? I kinda thought the breeze mode was gimmicky but it actually feels nice on an outdoor patio. The hub is Homeseer, I’m using a sonoff dongle, the controllers have neutrals.

Ok, so a little update. If I go into the zigbee plugin and adjust the speed and duration for breeze mode then breeze mode works fine on the one fan I was having issues with. So it’s working but all the other fan controllers can have the speed and duration for breeze mode changed on the device created by zigbee2mqtt on the Homeseer device page. Just not this one. So at least it’s working now but I need to figure out why one fan controller is doing this and only with breeze mode. On, off, low, medium, high, dimming the light, all work through the Homeseer device page. Just not breeze mode and only on one controller…gremlins!