Wiring question when replacing two dumb switch with one smart switch

I just installed my first 2-1 switch. I ended up wanting to replace two switches that controlled 3 lights in one room.

Originally, the line in was pigtailed to the two switches (and for something else, presumably the outlets for the room). The load wires going out from each switch were the red & black from a 4 wire bundle (sorry, I lack the proper terminology).

So I removed one of the pigtail line wires and wired the following to the 2-1 switch:

• The one line wire
  • The neutral wire
  • The red & black load wires in the two available wire holes

Logic tells me that it’s fine to wire it this way as I don’t think I’ve changed anything about what electricity is being sent through the wires, but I wanted to ask to see if someone more knowledgeable could share if this was an okay thing to do (the two load wires in the switch).

Thanks!

So if I’m understanding correctly, you are replacing two dumb switches separately controlling lights with one 2-1, so that the Inovelli can control what was previously controlled by two switches. You connected the two load conductors going to the two lights to the two Load holes on the Inovelli. If that is accurate, that is fine. Just make sure that the wattage of the two sets of bulbs does not exceed the rating of the switch.

Thanks!

It’s just 3 Hue 6" Recessed, 12W each, so it’s well under the 600W limit for the switch.