Z-Wave 5-Button Scene Controller + Dimmer Switch | Project Limitless

Nice :smiley:

This product needs to be released FAST

6 Likes

1 Like

So unless I missed it somewhere in this thread, will this be able to be installed in a 3 way so that the load can be controlled from a second location… Preferably with a GE aux smart switch so the load can be dimmed? Fingers crossed this functionality will be there… Just built an addition where I’m planning to use 9 of these in a three way setup.

Great question – apologies, I forgot to add this in the initial post. Yes, these will work as our normal dimmer switches in that it will work in a multi-switch setting (3, 4, 5-way, etc) with either a dumb or aux switch, neutral or non-neutral (note: non-neutral will require an aux switch).

Edit: Just added it to the post – thanks @stylekyle

@Eric_Inovelli @anon14959390 Assuming the pre-orders aren’t also part of the april fools, what is the final supported load specs for this switch? The device documentation on the shop portal links to the LZW31 and I’d like to confirm before I place a bunch of pre-orders:

• 500W incandescent + dimming
  • 300W LED/CCFL + dimming
  • ???W Inductive (fans), but on/off only

Specifically I’m wanting to confirm that they can handle replacing several LZW30-SN that I’m currently using to control bathroom exhaust and bedroom fans, which was mentioned in the thread, but never reflected as an update to the original post or further expanded upon.

We don’t have official final specs yet on these, so we can’t say for 100% certain.

It will have the ability to control a fan (on/off only) but that’s all we know at this point.

The pre-order pricing will be up for at least a few months while we confirm everything. Do you know the specs of your fans (ie: the inductive load wattage they carry)?

The bathroom exhaust fans are 50W. I’ll check one of the bedroom fans later today when I get a chance to get up on a ladder.

If the pre-order pricing (and those sweet, sweet double reward points!) hang around until the inductive load capabilities are confirmed, that would be amazing!

Question: Do you know if these will offer smoother dimming than the oft-reported behaviour of the Gen 2 dimmers? :slight_smile:

r.

Get it while its hot! Red Series Smart 5-Button Switch - Inovelli

2 Likes

@Brianna_Inovelli can we use rewards on pre-orders?

1 Like

In for one!

FWIW, the docs link points to the LZW31’s instructions.

FWIW2. @Eric_Inovelli this new product seems to be inserting itself right under the top purchasing info on EVERY other product’s page on your web site. Oops???

1 Like

We’re just really excited to let ppl know!

@EricM_Inovelli – can you take a look when you’re back in UT? Fixed, thanks dude!

1 Like

If you’re sooooo excited, is it too late to change the name to Project Pointer Sisters??? :laughing:

1 Like

Lol, I’ll leave that one up to @anon14959390 – I think that’s actually his favorite band.

2 Likes

I might suggest “Can’t Hold Back” (Survivor)–because I don’t think I can hold back from getting some!!!

1 Like

They are a group. Not a band.

1 Like

@anon14959390

EDIT: @robstitt that is 100% the most 80’s music video I’ve ever seen. Wow.

2 Likes