Z-Wave 800 Series Button Controller + Dimmer Switch | Project Walt

Probably not, unfortunately. It’s taken a ton of back and forth to get the design right. As much as I love our B2B client, they love making changes which pushes back tooling. I think we’ve finally gotten the intricacies down and can start tooling which is about a 4 week process.

From there, we need to beta test the firmware, which is about another 4-6 weeks. This one may be longer bc it’s a monster from a firmware side.

They usually submit the switch to ETL around the time beta testing kicks off since the hardware is completed and ETL is probably a 6-8 week process.

For Z-Wave/Zigbee Certifications, this is usually done at the end of beta testing (sometimes we can get away with it around the last couple weeks of beta testing if we’re confident in the firmware) and this is normally a 6 week process.

Then production is a 3-4 week process and finally shipping is another month or so.

My best guess would be mid-December at best. I’ll let everyone know if we’re able to make up some time.

We may be able to make up time in the beta testing since we’re using our main manufacturer and a lot of the code is the same and their firmware guy is a wizard. The challenge is going to be the Associations and Zigbee Bindings and making sure they’re mapped correctly based on the button configuration. I know he’s been working on the firmware simultaneously, so who knows, maybe we can cut testing down to 3-4 weeks.

3 Likes