Inovelli has always said they would refund people who paid years ago and aren’t willing to wait. Just email them at [email protected].
As for me, I’ve been waiting six years, I’m content to wait a few more for these.
Inovelli has always said they would refund people who paid years ago and aren’t willing to wait. Just email them at [email protected].
As for me, I’ve been waiting six years, I’m content to wait a few more for these.
Super appreciate the response and upfront answer. Better than waiting around forever and ever.
Does this include the Zigbee version as well or just the Zwave version that is squashed?
I completely understand how hard it is to wait for a new product. However, I challenge anyone to find a comparable zigbee or zwave product on the market today. I think I’ll be waiting as long as it takes for this product to hit the market because nothing else like it exists.
Agreed - I’m ok to wait, I’ve already waited since I ordered mine in August 2021. And I’ll order a few extras at the original price like was mentioned previously
Yes, anyone who wants a refund from years ago is welcome to one at any time! Or can trade for a current product we have and we will cancel the old order. We do still plan to move forward with it (Zigbee and Z-Wave) just no firm timeline still. The prototypes fully exist and are basically near completion. We just have to tweak it a bit and cut out some of the button options and finalize what we want. So it shouldn’t be hard to complete - more just something we have to find time for.
Thank you, Courtney, for all the updates.
Do you know when we might expect a more detailed update on what options are likely to be removed from the project?
Is the plan to still try to release them this year or is that unknown at this point?
This project has faced setback after setback. They lost their B2B partner and it’s been five months since the last update. I’m not confident in a happy outcome here.
Its still in the works but I’m not confident on a release date.
This is the update from 13 days ago in our Q2 Update Post
Button Controller (Blue Series / Red Series)
The Button Controller remains one of the products we know many of you are waiting for, and we want to be transparent about where things stand.
The engineer assigned to the Button Controller has been focused on our B2B project as the current priority. That project is expected to wrap up soon, and once it does, he will be freed up to resume and complete the Button Controller work.
We understand that some users are frustrated by the delay, and we completely understand. This product has taken longer than expected, but we are taking our time because we want to deliver a near-perfect product and experience.
As always, if you no longer want to wait, we are still offering refunds and order cancellations for anyone who has a pending Button Controller order.
We will share more specific updates once active development resumes.
Thank you everyone for your patience on the Button Controller. We know this project has had a long history, with several different directions and updates over the years, so we understand that another update about a design change may be met with some skepticism.
That said, we wanted to share where things currently stand and, more importantly, what has actually changed:
Our original plan was to have a fully customizable button layout, where the individual buttons could be configured in a variety of different ways. After continuing to work through the mechanical design, the biggest issue we have still not been able to solve to our satisfaction is light leakage between the individual button sections.
Rather than continuing to hold up the project trying to make that concept work, we have decided to simplify the approach.
We are now designing five different full paddle configurations that customers will be able to choose from. This removes a lot of the complexity that was causing issues with the previous design while still giving customers several different layouts depending on how they want to use the controller. It also leaves the door open for us to develop additional paddle configurations in the future if there is enough demand for them.
We expect to receive samples of these new paddle designs in the next few weeks. Once we have them in hand and have had a chance to evaluate them, we will share them here so everyone can see exactly what we are working with.
Based on the current direction and timeline, we are targeting Q2 2027 for the Button Controller. As always with a project still in development, that timing may shift as we work through sampling, testing, certification, and production, but that is the target we are currently working toward.
We know this project has taken much longer than anyone expected, and we appreciate everyone who has continued following along and giving us feedback. Hopefully this new direction gives us a much more practical path forward.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
Thank you!
I guess I have to wonder if you thought about a black rubber gasket around the back of the switches to contain some of the excess light. It can help and would increase the tactile sensation of the button press. Just an idea.
It is a little disappointing about the fixed button configurations but I completely understand you want to make a good product. What I’m not seeing in the renderings is light up scene names like before. Will this be possible or is it just a light up led in the actual button?