Z-Wave Door / Window Sensor | Project Home Alone

Is that outside? Little chilly for inside.

1 Like

It’s an exterior door, but the sensor is inside. I do keep it semi-cold in the house and it was in the lower 60’s today (but very windy) so it could be accurate. I’ve been meaning to buy a thermometer to check the accuracy.

Looking at that response (Hubitat, yeah!)… I do not see mention of the tamper notice or bypass button in it. Just not in the initial driver yet?

Yeah I think it’s a basic driver right now. I’ll confirm with @EricM_Inovelli about the tamper feature, but the bypass feature is in there :slight_smile:

Yes, it does send a report on tamper. I just need to add it to the driver.

Is that a RFC1918 address? Because everyone has one…

1 Like

Idk, could be – I’m a n00b and just saw numbers so I figured it was my IP address lol.

If it was 192.168.X.Y or 10.X.Y.Z it is internal to your network and no one on the web can get to it via that IP.

Don’t forget 172.16.XXX.YYY/12 subnets. :slight_smile:

1 Like

and the most important one, 127.0.0.1

1 Like

I think it was 103.96.738.15.

3 Likes

Well that would be public, but 738 is a bit high :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I didn’t think @Eric_Inovelli was that fancy :rofl:

2 Likes

I believe there is a subliminal message embedded in that supposed IP . . .

3 Likes

2 Likes

The lyrics to that song are also my feelings towards Inovelli and your products :wink:

1 Like

Fixed that for you…

91a2579d270941f81c18fee3d94152e059c13d49

Fancy with your ipv6

1 Like

One other feature request (or alternative product) for a future hardware edition:

• Dual internal contact sensors or having the external one able to be connected with a reed switch still inside the housing. The reason for this is all the modern windows with security/vent latches. I was just in a room a minute ago and noticed my workaround for the contact sensor I have on the window there. 2 magnets. Just so the sensor will not show OPEN when the window is in the “vent/secure” state (and thus trigger other stuff).

A contact sensor with two internal reed switches (or better, an external that could be wired for a second switch inside) would be far better. It would be possible to know the vent is open but the window is still secure (or not). At times you do not want it open at all (winter or when the AC is running) you could know that a window has the vent portion open. My workaround now does not solve that…

Love the targeted battery life for this sensor. I’m replacing my current ones every 6 months.

1 Like