Z-Wave Door / Window Sensor | Project Home Alone

It appears to be an event type in the zwave Notification Command Class (similar to how motion detection and door status alerts are sent)

Notification Type: Emergency Alarm (0x0A)
Notification Name: Panic alert (0x04)

I found the information in this document: https://www.silabs.com/documents/login/miscellaneous/SDS13713-Notification-Command-Class.xlsx

Did not mean to be Inovelli-brand batteries, just selling packs of batteries you folks have found to work well. That way it makes it a ā€œone-stop-shopā€ for the whole unit.

I would believe the door being cooler. I am always surprised by differences I spot when using my thermal camera.

Sure! The logic (at least in my head) is fairly simple. Letā€™s say the wife goes to work at 6AM, so you only need it to bypass the sensor once. If you take the dog out at say 7PM you would need to bypass it twice - once going out and again coming back in.

Naturally, the ability to control if the bypass is set for one vs two would be a nice touch. Because I am sure someone could think of a case to vary that throughout the day :smiley:

So you are really thinking of 2 different methods, right? For that 6am time you just want it to bypass that current opening OR a short period of time. For that 7pm bypass you want it to keep it bypassed until it open/closes again sometime later.

Those sound like they might be a better thing to handle in your systemā€™s Rules (or equivalent). It is not like the sensor has an alarm itself. So when you get the notification there is a bypass press between 5:45am - 6:15am (or a reasonable range) your Rules can ignore the next door open/close cycle or 5min (or whatever), or play a music clip saying ā€œbye honey!ā€. :slight_smile:

Similar thing for the ā€œdog walkingā€ routine, or it could recognize a double press of the bypass which means to ignore the next two open/close cycles or X timeā€¦

1 Like

According to the instructions, Iā€™m not supposed to swallow the battery??? I love those disclaimers!!! Every read a Harley Davidson manual? Iā€™m surprised anyone would want to ride one with all the disclaimers they put in thereā€¦LOL!

If already requested above, consider these as an additional votes for the following:

Allow different reporting times and delta changes for temperature and battery levels. Examples:

• I personally donā€™t care about battery levels until <50% then every couple hours thereafter.
  • Temperature changes for every degree change and/or every couple hours etc.

Anyway for future:

• Weather proof/resistant, extended temperature ranges for operation. Would love to use these for gates.
  • Different color shells to blend in with current HW (like your paddles) or the environment (stealthy)
  • Vibration sensor, detect when someone knocks on the door or is messing with a window.

Iā€™ll second this one. I have 2 garage doors with tilt sensors and 2 more with just a contact sensor, and trying to setup the magnet is a major pain compared to just sticking it onto the door and using the tilt.

I would love to see a way to recess mount these into a door and the door frame, and still be able to easily remove them to change the battery etcā€¦ Yes I realize the button would not be accessible if recessed in the door, but Iā€™d rather have them hidden than have the button.

Once I can get my hands on these sensors and some LZW42s this is exactly what I plan on doing. I was going to go with another brand for the door sensor, but with the lead time for the bulbs I might as well wait for this.

@Eric_Inovelli Are you sure this device supports temperature reporting? I dont see anything in the Manufacturerā€™s supplied manual about it.

I see that the deive supports SENSOR_MULTILEVEL_REPORT, but I dont see anything that defines what sort of sensors it is reporting on.

Yeah I have it running on Hubitat right now and itā€™s reporting temperature :slight_smile:

Edit: Sorry had to remove/readd the screenshot without my IP address lol

1 Like

OK, that must be what the interval in Parameter 33 is referring to then.

1 Like

Is that outside? Little chilly for inside.

1 Like

Itā€™s an exterior door, but the sensor is inside. I do keep it semi-cold in the house and it was in the lower 60ā€™s today (but very windy) so it could be accurate. Iā€™ve been meaning to buy a thermometer to check the accuracy.

Looking at that response (Hubitat, yeah!)ā€¦ I do not see mention of the tamper notice or bypass button in it. Just not in the initial driver yet?

Yeah I think itā€™s a basic driver right now. Iā€™ll confirm with @EricM_Inovelli about the tamper feature, but the bypass feature is in there :slight_smile:

Yes, it does send a report on tamper. I just need to add it to the driver.

Is that a RFC1918 address? Because everyone has oneā€¦

1 Like

Idk, could be ā€“ Iā€™m a n00b and just saw numbers so I figured it was my IP address lol.

If it was 192.168.X.Y or 10.X.Y.Z it is internal to your network and no one on the web can get to it via that IP.

Donā€™t forget 172.16.XXX.YYY/12 subnets. :slight_smile:

1 Like