Zigbee 2-1 Switch (On/Off & Dimmer) | Project New Horizon (Blue Series)

Great question - we do plan on offering color paddles just like we did for the Red Series (which we do offer black).

The new manufacturer is having a hard time color matching and the first iteration of paddles were way off.

I think I’m getting some this week along with final packaging samples. But if not this week, then next. I’m hoping they did a better job this time!

We’re trying to match the Lutron Claro wall plates for reference.

6 Likes

Thanks for checking!

Thanks Eric. Do you have any plans to make the alternative colors available for pre-order?

Also, would you consider doing matte finishes, similar to the Legrand Radiant series light switches? They have a more luxurious look than the standard shiny plastic switches.

2 Likes

I wish I could, but we don’t have an anticipated launch date for the color paddles. I’m pushing hard for them to be ready and available by the time the switches arrive, but I’m hesitant to put them up just yet until we are at least able to match the color and have a confirmation that they have a production date.

Regarding matte, we can certainly take a look at that! I’d have to see what the costs would be but if there’s enough demand and it’s not too difficult we can check.

You’re definitely not the first person to ask!

4 Likes

welp. switches are hard for fans and lights now days i guess because of the smarts being built in. i just bought 20 blues, hopefully the fan switch comes out soon so i can grab 3 of them and be done.

2 Likes

Raising both hands for matte black over here too!

5 Likes

Yes to matte please

2 Likes

While I’m here anxiously waiting for the day my 10 pack will be shipped I was wondering if the switch is going to support OTA upgrade.

When I searched this thread for OTA all that came up was zigbee to matter which aparently won’t be supported but my question is regarding firmware improvements and bug fixes.

1 Like

Yes, you can OTA regular firmware updates.

4 Likes

Depends on the hub.

I will be using home assistant.

we can use this in a 3 way config too, right?
i thought i read it in the thread but can’t seem to find it

Correct. With either dumb, aux, or another Blue series (binding) switch.

2 Likes

Yes, OTA updates available through HA (not sure which application, Hubitat user here).

3 Likes

Both ZHA and Zigbee2MQTT support OTA updates. I’ve used both methods myself. I’m part of the beta team.

1 Like

UL Cert today?!! : )

Fingers crossed – but I think they said it will be around the end of June. I just PM’d @Darwyn_Inovelli to see where we were at with that.

Good news is the Connected Standards Alliance (CSA - formerly Zigbee Alliance) is about done with certification and we were assigned our own manufacturer ID, which is great news.

FCC/IC is all but formal documents completed.

So, we’re sitting pretty good right now!

12 Likes

That was a really interesting video!

I’ve never heard of matte switches. I would think they would attract dirt more. Can you confirm/deny?

1 Like

Out of curiosity is there a timeline when these switches with the newest chipset will be available? I am starting the smartification of my house and would love to be able to easily update to thread and or matter once it releases. As I use Apple and my wife uses google and it would just be slightly easier for us both.