Zigbee 2-1 Switch (On/Off & Dimmer) | Project New Horizon (Blue Series)

We’re working on developing the webpages currently and once those are live there will be a place to add your email to our stock update email list. For right now I can manually add you to it if you’d like?

EDIT: Signup for our Blue Series Update Email List Here

Thanks Brianna, yes please. I’ll be first in line when they are available.

Awesome to hear! I have added you to the email list :slight_smile:

You can throw me in the email list too if you don’t mind :slight_smile:

1 Like

You got it!

1 Like

I’m enthusiastic about trying these too, please add me to the list, thank you!

1 Like

You have been added! Hold tight the rest of you, I’m working on a link you can click to add yourselves to the list :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Interested in these as well. I can hang for a link, but if you want to add me to the list I would appreciate it.

1 Like

I’ve got you added :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey @JeffersonBledsoe – we spoke with @Darwyn_Inovelli today and confirmed that this is part of the ZigBee 3.0 spec so it will be available on the switch :slight_smile:

1 Like

Project update: Everything is on track for Q4 release still. Today we talked about the pins to update from ZigBee to Matter and it sounds like it’s harder than we thought as the ability to get to the port may be difficult due to space constraints inside the switch.

We did suggest they look at alternate solutions for design and also to create a harness of some sort so that we at Inovelli could update it for customers if need be.

More to come!

3 Likes

Signed up but never received the validation e-mail… Is it just me?

Yes, both the zigbee binding and the unbind action. Thanks Eric!

Make sure to check your promotions and spam inboxes! I’ll check to make sure you’re on the list :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yup, it was in my Junk folder. Thanks!

1 Like

@Eric_Inovelli I have been watching the Inovelli community for over a year, I am just wanted to say thank you for such detailed and transparent answers. I am very excited about the Blue series and hope it is an overwhelming success in the market.

While I assume you have many testers already, if ever need more I would be glad to help as I will be outfitting my house with Blue series everywhere.

2 Likes

For a simpleton like myself that is now just getting into the basics of home automation should I wait for these zigbee switches or just pull the trigger on a bulk pack of red dimmers?

I’ve got SmartThings along with a handful of Gen 4 Echos but I’m only looking to get some added functionality with my “dumb” lights such as voice control.

I’m not sure if you gain anything with all Zigbee vs all Zwave if you are just starting out and don’t have any or many devices yet. If you don’t want to wait, I would get the Zwave. All of my switches are Zwave and they all work well with Echos.

I think I have used 1 of every smart switch available out there; the only one I’ve used that is trouble free is my single Inovelli Black. Even inside my metal junction boxes (super common in Canada). I want to wipe out all of my other switches to replace them with Inovelli, but seeing these Blue series, the prospect of replacing all of my ZWave with Zigbee is amazing.

Add me to the list of “beta” testers. Added bonus, I’m an electrical engineer, and actually troubleshoot electronics (controls) for a living. I can promise you some actionable troubleshooting in my “challenging” environment.

Edit: my aversion to Z-Wave is their obsoleting of devices. I have older ZWave stuff that doesn’t work with new. And medium old that doesn’t work with new either. My Zigbee stuff I bought 6 years ago? All still works.

1 Like

2.4 works well in that metal box?