Zigbee 2-1 Switch (On/Off & Dimmer) | Project New Horizon (Blue Series)

Hmmm… it’s probably user error on my end. I downloaded all the email addresses of people who ordered and imported them into our email campaign manager, but they put some sort of weird marketing filter on it so that people don’t get spammed.

Anyway, is the email in your profile the most accurate one (don’t worry, only admins can see it)? I’ll check the email list to see if it’s in there. Sorry about that!

Yeah, this has been a mess lol – @Bry summed up what happened.

Good news is it should be resolved now. Let me know if it still shows as fulfilled on your account!

Yes, the email in my profile is correct, and my order has been updated to unfulfilled!

1 Like

During the testing, did anyone try these with Zigbee Channel 25? Trying to build up my Zigbee network in that range as I have a lot of things in WiFi channels 1 and 6.

UPDATE: Good news, bad news. The good news is you guys surpassed my expectations on the sales volumes of these switches. The bad news is that we hardly have any stock left and I’m going to have to start taking pre-orders for the second batch.

To be clear, anyone who’s ordered already will have their order fulfilled in late Sept/early Oct (my best guess assuming all goes well). But anyone who orders from this point on will likely have to wait until Nov/Dec.

Maybe one day we’ll be able to get ahead of the demand!

EDIT: Here’s what we have left (so there is a chance you could squeeze into the first batch):

2-1 Single: 867 units left
2-1 10pk: 227 units left
Aux Single: 222 units left
Aux 10pk: 15 units left

At the rate they’re going, I’d say they’ll be gone by early next week.

6 Likes

Depending on my build out work and some device swaps for specific hardware that might not work with these switches, I “might” have 10-20 switches left over. Any thoughts on establishing an easy way for people with extra to be able to share to others? Perhaps a specific forum area for posting available switches?

Great question – we have a Buy, Swap, Sell section: Buy, Swap & Sell - Inovelli Community

But I’m definitely open to other suggestions as this was kind of cobbled together haha.

1 Like

That’s a good problem for you guys to have. Congrats!

I’m trying to place an order for some more, but when I click on the “Back-Order Purchase” button on this page, nothing happens. Is it because ordering is turned off or is there a bug?

@smenzer just tried. It didn’t add to my cart either but after I pressed back order and then refresh browser, it was added to my cart.

Just ordered 2 more blues and an aux. Hoping those make it in with my batch 1 10 pack.

Yeah there’s something going on with the plug-in. It was working fine all day and just recently it started acting up. We’re looking into it right now.

The workaround is to refresh the page like @harjms mentioned.

If it’s not one thing, it’s another with this site today lol.

1 Like

I’ll take whatever you have left over. My project turned out bigger than I initially thought. @cscott

I just want to make sure I’m remembering correctly, these will work in a 3-way/4-way config with dumb switches as long as they’re wired correctly to the “main” switch in the config right? I’ll be able to turn them on and off from the other dumb switches but won’t get the benefits of multi tap?

Just trying to gauge if I need to rush to order a pack of aux or not

Edit: Nevermind, I just walked around the house flipping switches and was surprised to realize I only have 5 3-way circuits, so I just ordered 5 aux. Hope I got in under the radar @Eric_Inovelli! I’ll forgive you if I didn’t though :stuck_out_tongue:

Or dimming capability if configured for dimming mode.

It’s an extra expense but I think it’s worth it. I’d love blue switches everywhere, but that’s double the cost of an aux switch.

I think you meant 3-ways, but as you were remembering and @harjms alluded to, they will work with dumb swiches with limitations. Even if Inovelli sells out of Auxs, there are several other compatible Auxs on the market.

1 Like

Ah, I’m new to Inovelli switches and was going to order last week but the site redesign threw me for a loop (I haven’t been plugged in this community forum unfortunately and I thought the site was just down, so I waited…)

If I order 3 blue 2-1 switches and 1 aux switch, will I still be in the first batch or is it too late now? Thanks!

Eric_Inovelli, This time I’m serious bc it involves the SEC lol

IPO when? :laughing:

An IPO would be welcome, but this has the smell of a public company purchasing Inovelli, hence the SEC involvement.

That has a lot of implications, one good, most potentially bad (I hope I’m wrong on the bad), but here goes.

The Good:

Inovelli should no longer be running on a shoe string budget. This could imply a faster development cycle for all the Zigbee products. I am looking forward to a complete set matching the Zwave devices that seem to never be available.

The Bad:

Prices will be increased to cover the company purchase cost. I would not like this, but I, like many others, have selected Inovelli because of the feature set (like grey faceplates) and being able to run my home automation locally without requiring cloud access and the security nightmare that that involves. As long as they remain below a competitor’s WX300 switch price, they will still get my business.

I have no idea who the potential purchaser is, but once they own the company, the current management no longer have control. The consumer responsiveness would likely be lessened.

My biggest concern here is that the new company would eventually lock the switches to their controller and force cloud access to mine for $$$. This would force me to another solution. This was a common occurrence with Wi-Fi based switches.

Prior management teams generally have short lifetimes in a post purchased company.

1 Like

Or dimming capability if configured for dimming mode.

It’s an extra expense but I think it’s worth it. I’d love blue switches everywhere, but that’s double the cost of an aux switch.

I went all in on 60 units for my new home (a relatively minor expense honestly v the new tile my wife wanted etc. it was the one thing I insisted on in our planning). I will have a blue 2-in-1 for every switch in the home except bathroom fans and Children’s bedrooms.

For the 3-way switches in the home, it will work to have a blue 2-in-1 on each end, correct? I don’t have to use an AUX instead do I?

Yes, but do not expect them to work in the traditional wired configuration. When you have multiple switches in a multi-way, you provision a hot and neutral to each box. You don’t use the typical 3-wire wiring scheme. You will still use the traditional 3-wire between the switch boxes, but only 2 conductors will be used.

One of the boxes will be the load box that contains the load to the light. The others are simply powered with a hot and neutral. To get them to talk to each other, join them using Zigbee binding. Your hub must support that.

1 Like

I got it working and placed my additional order, thanks guys!!

1 Like