Can you share pictures of the five layouts please? Hopefully the ones that match my plans are included!
I too would like to see the layout options you are planning on. Also what drove these 5 options, was there a community input that I missed, or was this just internal options. Might be worth asking the community. And are the buttons going to have labels to select from, or will it just be buttons with the light?
I have added the screenshot of the paddle designs to the original reply.
The five options were chosen internally based on the different configurations and use cases we felt made the most sense with the new paddle approach. Weāre also still working through exactly how the paddle engraving/labeling process will work, so I donāt have a finalized answer on that piece just yet.
There are also still some details around how the individual buttons and LEDs will behave that we need to work through during the firmware development process. We should have a lot more clarity on all of this as we get further into the samples and firmware work, and weāll share those details once we have them!
Iād really like an option with a 2x2 button on top, and then two rows of 2-wide below. If you can make that happen, Iād be forever grateful. ![]()
Well, that clinches it: I made the right decision to give up waiting and go with the zooz scene controller a couple of months ago: none of the suggested designs will work well for controlling the fan/light canopy module, where Iād want four buttons for the fan (off, low, medium, high) and one or (better) three for the light: a larger full-width on/off button, and two smaller dim up/down buttons. The zooz controller only gives me the one large for the light, but I can live with that.
Especially disappointing since there was nothing wrong with the previous units we saw pictures of. Sure, there was a little light leakage, but as a customer - I couldnāt care less. Oh well. Off to the zooz store to buy a couple more of their products, I guessā¦
And yes, this is pretty much just sour grapes/venting/whining. Iām sure this product will be excellent- it just no longer fits my needs, and what I was hoping for (unless that elusive fifth design is exactly thatā¦)
Iām surprised one of these is not similar to the Zen32 layout. Then one button toggle maps to the hardware bound light attached to the switch, then others are soft buttons.
Do the 2x1 button have left and right side button presses, so they could act as dimmers?
Will it be possible to customize the buttons and only have backlit engravings instead of the side leds like this?
Thanks @Kaleb_Inovelli - Iām hoping that the 5th design is 1 long, 2 short, 1 long, 2 short. (5th from the original post). Any chance thatās in consideration still?
Yep I prefer the backlit designs for these, the LED bar I donāt, as if we put words on them they would now have to be off center and that would drive me nuts. And the backlit being able to change color would be enough for the alerts that are needed. Also think the 6 shown could be just 5 if we removed the 3 one as the 2&3 are the same with the 2 buttons swapped.
in my opinion, the first option with just 2 big buttons could also be skipped in favor of 4 long buttons backlit.
Just have to wait and see how they come out and what words are available for them when shipped.
As of right now, the plan will not involve having this paddle design without the side LEDs, but, this is not set in stone.
Yes! That is one of the options weāre looking at.
Thank you for the feedback! I am passing this along to our team for consideration.
I would like to add a suggestion for a layout.
One of the reasons ive been looking at this controller is to allow centralized control of a ceiling fan module light and fan using a single controller. Migrating from insteon controller, they had a 6 button controller layout that allowed for easy control of all the functions
Its a 1 long, 2 short, 2 short, 1 long layout that with the longs being the light on/off and the shorts being fan speeds and off.
Yes I know this could be done with the config button on a switch/dimmer, but the Wife Acceptance Factor on that is low.
Iām in on the long, 2 shorts, long, 2 shorts as well






