Zigbee failures after 2.14 firmware upgrade

I decided to test for WiFi interference with the Zigbee network, to see if that was causing problems. So I shutdown my 2.4GHz WiFi bands. I’m still getting the same failures.

The only thing I can think of is that a repeater is dropping commands or a switch is ignoring commands. Is there any way of tracking Zigbee commands to see if a repeater is dropping commands?

And of my 36 repeaters, 30 are 2-1 Blues.

I’m having the same issue you are having. Just recently started over the last two weeks or so, my entire zigbee network has become unreliable. Nothing changed. I’ll certainly be turning off OTA once I get them stable.

Are you on the 2.14 firmware release? That seems to be when my problems started.

Yeah, 0x0102020e. I wish I could see the exact date it updated - but I can’t tell from the logs. Looks like it came out about a month ago, which makes sense.

I have no Hue bulbs or a Hue hub. I just have blues talking to a Sonoff hub with normal LED bulbs.

I discovered that Inovelli switches will stop trying to join a Zigbee network full stop if any device on 2.4Ghz sends a failed join in response to their request.

I wonder if this behaviour extends to a (re)-join? Zigbee devices move around networks all the time, and this could explain some of the dropped commands we are seeing.

I’m having a lot of my switches fall off the larger z2m network I have. Tried selectively joining through other switches, etc no dice. Have to air gap at least 1-2 switch/day. Anyone else experiencing similar?

I’m running ZHA and my switches don’t seem to fall off the network, but some will get to the point where they will ignore about 90% of all commands. The air gap will improve them temporarily, but they eventually revert to ignoring most of the commands.

I did have one remaining, uninstalled switch that was not at 2.14 (The firmware version was 020d instead of 020e, so I assume it shippped with 2.13). I disabled OTA and replaced my most troublesome switch with this device, and it seems to be doing much better, but it still drops an occasional command.

1 Like

So I just got the Blue 2-1 today from Amazon and two of my switches refuse to stay connected. I can pair just fine, flashes green, goes solid blue, then I can turn test it a bit and it will then randomly flash red then pulse blue again. I am using Hubitat latest firmware but it will just eventually drop out. I noticed that the EUI on both the bulbs that have issues are 38:5B:44. I have a total of 15 more switches on the way :face_with_peeking_eye: What is the right way to get these replaced with others that won’t cause grief? Do I return them to Amazon?

Rich

Check the EUI and Production date. Some of the switches were used with the known bad EUI and are fine if made at a later date.

1 Like

Where can I check that?

Production date is on the front of the switch. Label on the lower black part.

I hace a sticker on the top left that says 2212 and then on lower left is a QR code. does the 2212 mean December 22 and if so is that part of the bad batch?

2212 should be good I believe, 2208 was the initial prod run that had some issues.

and if they are in the good batch, then any ideas on why the switch, single pole, is having issues pairing? It pairs, is seen by hubitat, but then drops off and goes into a weird cycle.

That flashing red and then going into the blue pulsing sounds like it’s being reset somehow which is really odd. Have you tried a factory reset on them yourself?

Press and hold both the Config button and the Up Paddle for 20s (LED bar will cycle from green > yellow > red which is where you’re good), and let go of them both, config button first if I remember correctly. Should flash red a few times and then start to re-pair.

Yes. And for good measure I turned off Alexa and tried again just now. Still same issue. Even tried on a non-bad known batch code to no avail. Stumped. The bulbs around my house are either WIZ or Sengled. Is there some logs I can post that would help figure this out?
Im using Hubitat if I didn’t say that already

1 Like

Here is information in the Data Section of the Device that is now unreachable in Hubitat:

• endpointId: 01
  • application: 11
  • firmwareMT: 122F-0101-01020208
  • manufacturer: Inovelli
  • model: VZM31-SN
  • softwareBuild: 01020208
    Here’s the video. It will keep doing this where it eventually stops flashing back to green and stays unpaired but working locally as a switch.

Nope this is weird. I have never seen that happen and I use Hubitat. I know there were some folks that had interference issues with a zigbee water valve/sensor that prevented the switch from including into the network. Do you happen to have anything like that around?

Can you disconnect the load and see if it does it again? Not that it should affect it, but just trying different options.

You should be able to check the Logs - Past Logs for the Hub Device to see if there’s any thing listed there.

1 Like

stand by will do that now