Zigbee Fan Canopy Module | Project Cheryl

Nope. Same radio.
However, I clean slated everything. Better to get this figured out now, while I have a minimal # than realize later that I have the system set up wrong.
zwaves are all configured and working fine, though having to learn this system for scripts, automations, etc. Different from hubitat or linux kernel work. :slight_smile:

Whenever I try to add multi tap I get this error message! Iā€™m so lost I have no idea what to do!

1 Like

Super old reply, but Iā€™ve found that for my Minka fans, when I use the built-in controller to reverse them, all it does is switch the power on - off - on - off relatively quickly. So I can get it to reverse using an inovelli switch by doing the same thing.

@Eric_Inovelli Do you have anything youā€™re willing to share about the possibility of a Z-Wave version, or a (theoretical) timeline if there was to be one?

Would it be helpful to have some sort of poll or thread or pre-order form to gauge interest in a z-wave version? Iā€™m in the ā€œI would buy this if it was Z-Wave, but probably not zigbeeā€ camp, and I know there are many others who feel similarly.

1 Like

For my part, Iā€™m ok with the Zigbee version, however if I knew there was a Z-Wave version coming, that would make me happy, and Iā€™d want to wait to get that rather than going with the zigbee.

1 Like

I think the error you are seeing is due to zigbee2mqtt containing the parameters needed for fan control, but your switch is not using new enough firmware. The 2-1 switch requires firmware 2.17 for that parameter which has not yet been released. The 2.17 firmware will also require your to remove and readd the switch so you can bind endpoint 3.

1 Like

Joe, are you on HA?
I found that the module is working nicely with voice assist using google assistant.
Go into room,
Hey Google, turn on office fan and turn on office fan light.
ā€¦ ā€¦ set office fan speed to (low|medium|high).

So, will now install all the rest of the modules and just have family use voice until switching is sorted out.

I finally got it to work correctly. I reset the canopy module and the switch and started from scratch. I must have had something messed up somewhere. Thanks for the help.

Couldnā€™t find another thread - is there any plans to having Project Cheryl as a z-wave product? or its only going to be zigbee and thread?

Really keen on adding a fan/light canopy module to automation and way better usability, wondering if I should just abandon a single z-wave type and add matter/thread mesh?

1 Like

Thank you again Eric.

For those wondering, to change the fan mode to avoid the extra toggles for the presents, youā€™d need the following entry (or similar) in your configuration.yaml

homeassistant:
  customize:
    fan.kitchen_fan_canopy:
      preset_modes: 

Other than that - now have three up, all on 2.17 2-1 Switches and so far all of them have worked out great. Iā€™m loving the newly regained control and am happy to ditch the fan remotes from the good olā€™ remote cradle on the wall. Thanks again all and team Inovelli for the support for the early adopters. Looking forward to having the drivers published in main branches to help other folks that arenā€™t browsing these forums

2 Likes

Hmmm. I thought that 2.17 was not released yet.

Not at this time, no. Unfortunately, Z-Wave just isnā€™t selling as well as it should in order for us to take it on as a project right now.

Good news, you can find it here :slight_smile:

Is 2.17 for Blue 2-1 going to leave beta and become the Prod version soon? Thanks!

2 Likes

This usually happens on our next production run, but I think we just barely ran a batch with 2.15. It might be a couple months.

1 Like

thank you

I just bought this thinking reversing would be a supported feature, so hopefully itā€™s something you can adjust/add.

For example I have a LIM60, and it has a 3 speed induction AC motor that is reversible only at the controller, no hardware switch.

Bit of a pain to find out after I ordered it, but didnā€™t do my full research.

Iā€™m showing an update for my canopy module, but there is nothing listed on the firmware page. Any info on what this update is?

Well this isnā€™t great to hear. I have to ask though, is z-wave selling less because it is definitely back burner to zigbee/thread, or is it on the back burner because it has less interest and sales for you? If itā€™s the former, then it shouldnā€™t be a surprise.

Iā€™d love to replace my one faulty lzw36 and would replace my other still working one in a heart beat for newer hardware. I have a roughly 50 device strong z-wave mesh and donā€™t think the zigbee canopy modules, behind a metal canopy cover, will do well on their own and putting zigbee repeaters all around to supplement just isnā€™t a viable option.

1 Like

Just wait until you hear what frequency your LZW36 canopy module isā€¦.

2 Likes

Itā€™s rf to the switch. Switch is z-wave. But good try.