ZigBee Fan Switch | Project Zephyr (Blue Series)

Here’s the official policy: Warranty, Returns & Price Match – Inovelli

But honestly, I’ve always been very liberal with returns, exchanges etc as long as I don’t get the vibe someone’s trying to scam us.

Also, in the case where we launch a new product and inevitably someone finds an issue we didn’t (such as this case), I throw out the policy and just work with you to either fix the issue or refund you, regardless of the timeline (in other words, don’t worry about the 45 days or whatever it is).

In your specific case, we purchased the fan and are shipping it to China for analysis. I don’t have a TBD on if/when they’ll get it and/or if they can even fix it, but I can tell you were working on it as it does seem to be a popular fan model.

2 Likes

Thank you - that’s all I need to hear. I’ll keep those switches on the shelf until the engineers figure out what’s going on, or we decide that for this particular use case Reds 2-in-1 work well enough. (Against @rohan 's advice I have installed three reds to service the WhisperGreens and as soon as something unexpected happens I’ll let you all know. I am hoping the worst thing that can possibly happen is to damage the switches since they are 1/3rd the cost of the fans - I am ardently hoping this is one of those “This will never work in theory” cases, since I like the fact that the fan LED strip matches the other red switches in the cluster; the Zephyr LEDs are distinct enough from the reds and the blues to be just annoying.)

1 Like

Any reason why the firmware are different on these two? Both were bought and updated at the same time and both show no new updates

1 Like

I am using hubitat and the “LED color when Off” parameter (96) is not working right. All of the colors are off by one.

Example: If I set it to Teal, it displays as Green. If I set it to Cyan it displays as Teal, and so on.

It seems to be working correctly for me. What version of firmware and driver are you running? Look under “State Variables” for “driverDate”, “fwDate”, and “fwVersion”

1 Like
  • fwDate : 20230824
  • driverDate : 2023-10-14
  • fwVersion : 1.04

I’m seeing the same behavior on 2 different switches, with the same firmware/driver.

1 Like

I suspect I’m doing something wrong but I can’t get the LoadLevelIndicatorTimeout setting to work. The LED displays the fan speed when on and doesn’t go back to the dim default (off) look no matter what I change the timeout to. Anyone have any suggestions?
LoadLevelTimeoutScreenshot

• Power Monitoring - switch should measure the power consumption (not possible as there is no space on the PCB)

Welp, I should have kept up on the changes. I use those power monitoring readings to run my automations. It’s an algorithm based on solar intake and current power usage and then on off hours consume only excess and shutdown non essentials. I was going to use those readings to lower the fan rate rather than just shut it off. Bought in May, update came out in July. Kicking myself in December for not being able to work on this project until now. :frowning_face:

Any update on the LED light topic? Was the manufacturer able to provide an update on how they plan to bring the colors closer together?

This is definitely a “nice to have” update. Though, I would better classify it as a fix to increase the “wife approval factor” :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Same here and tech support was not able to resolve or explain. I returned the switches.

I have the same question.

I just opened a topic about it when I discovered it.

Do I need to ship back these 120x Blue 2-1 refurbs I just ordered because they’re not going to match the Blue Fan switches LEDs

Hey guys - sorry I am just seeing this. Regarding the LED mismatch.

The manufacturer said it’s a hardware change in that they went with new LED’s. In addition, there’s no firmware that can fix it, however, they provided us a chart for what they thought would help from a settings perspective.

IMO the only one that they’re wrong about is white, which is not even close.

What I’ve been offering people is to swap out any switch that is next to a fan switch (where you can see the mismatched LED bars side by side).

1 Like

I would say good chances of them not matching. However, i just want to say that for my lights and fan switches, I run them different colors so that folks know which are lights and which are fans. Might be something easy to implement in designs.

I believe there is some tuning that could be done to make it closer to each other for specific colors.

1 Like

I hate to sound like a broken record, but a gamma function could fix this :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Not sure if this is covered anywhere else, but I’m about to put one of these next to a 2-1 switch to make my fan and fan light smart…Is there any solution like a faceplate or sticker I can use/buy to distinguish which switch is the fan and which switch is the light. Even a nice stencil I can “paint” a fan onto would be great…

You can buy laser engraved plates or laser engraved paddles. Alternatively, you can set the LED bar to a different color for the light vs the fan.

If you have or know someone with a Cricut, you can cut out a stencil or make a sticky back decal with a appropriate icon.

1 Like

Can also set the LED to different colors. That’s what I’ve done

Not a bad idea…Guess I should learn how to use a Cricut. Any good templates to go off of? What’s a good paint/solvent to use on this plastic? Wonder if I can chemical etch something…

My daughter came up with the Cricut idea. I’m just now getting set up at a new location so we haven’t had the chance to do anything with it.

My thought was to go to one of the icon sites and find appropriate icons. She believes that she could even do lettering small enough to be appropriate for labeling the switch plate. Between you and me, I’ll believe that when I see it.

No idea regarding chemical etching. One commercial source producing plastic paddles is using a laser. Another source is producing metal wallplates, but I don’t know what they are using to produce the labeling.