ZigBee Fan Switch | Project Zephyr (Blue Series)

My firmware version shows as: 0x02020104 in Home Assistant

HA Version: 2023.10.3

I did try changing the button delay attribute to 1, but haven’t messed with it further as I assumed that only affects multi-taps and wouldn’t be the cause of the config button or holds not working.

I’m not seeing the temperature parameter nor any power/ energy configurables. Am I missing something or is this not supported yet?

Running latest HA with latest Z2M (with the Inovelli provided converter)

This ended up being fixed and the fan switch shares the same paddle as the 2-1 red and blue series! So you can order online at any time for colored paddles.

Thanks. Heads up that the dedicated fan paddle variant is still on the page, and linked to from the product page, which was the source of my confusion.

What is the shipping status of the orders? I have received the “A shipment from order” e-mail last Thursday and was very exited to try the new switches; however, on UPS’s website the status is “The delivery date will be provided as soon as possible” :frowning:

Was the label created but the package not handed over to UPS? The destination city matches FWIW so I don’t think there’s a typo in the tracking number.

Heelp!

Mine came in today. Got them installed and they are working great. They default to on/off (exhaust) mode; so be sure to switch them to 3-speed (ceiling) mode.

I did notice one issue though. Using ZHA in Home Assistant, they are picked up as light switches, not fan switches. This of course causes issues when bridging them to Google Home Assistant, because GH likes to group lights together.

1 Like

I have (had) three orders for these switches, 2 of them came in already, but the 3rd is in the same state as yours. I was just wondering the same thing as you. Hopefully we’ll get an update soon.

My Zephyr arrived yesterday! It’s working well overall, but I noticed three weird things:

1. I don’t see any way to control the default settings for the LED bar. My Blue 2-in-1 has settings for default on/off state for the LED, but the Zephyr does not. In fact, the Zephyr is missing quite a few options. Here’s the Zephyr on the left compared to a Blue 2-in-1 on the right:

2. I’m seeing the below issue in Home Assistant with ZHA too:

Is there any way to make the fan show up as a fan instead of a light?

1. I’m seeing the same issue as @Gazelle where button presses aren’t being registered in the zha_event log.

Thanks! Can you double check which quirk is applied to it? Should be able to go to the device page, expand the section listed as Zigbee Info and it should look something like - “zhaquirks.inovelli.VZM35SN.InovelliVZM35SN”

There is no power/energy reporting for the Fan switch to my knowledge, just the 2-1. I believe it’s the same for the temperature parameter. The list of parameters can be found here if you’re looking for more info too.

Edit to confirm from the original post, power monitoring was not included:

1 Like

Oh no!
@EricM_Inovelli can you confirm?

I can’t speak for Eric, but I know in SmartThings that the Power Meter and Energy capabilities/attributes are not available.

It’s what you specify:
firefox_pQAH93gpIf

And in case it helps here’s what it looks like when I go to Developer Tools > Events and listen to zha_event

Down Press:
down

Up Press:
up

Up Press again (while already on):
up while already on
(full command: move_to_level_with_on_off)

Anything else that I do on the switch fails to generate an event (config button, multi-taps, holds)

1 Like

I’m unable to see button press events for the Zephyr as well. My Blue 2-in-1s work perfectly.

Firmware: 0x02020104
HA version: 2023.10.3
Quirk: zhaquirks.inovelli.VZM35SN.InovelliVZM35SN

As with @Gazelle, I’m able to see events for the LED changing when I press up or down, but the button press events aren’t fired. The config button doesn’t fire any events at all (which is expected since it doesn’t modify the LEDs).

1 Like

Thanks to you and @MasterDevwi - I can also recreate this, but from looking at debug logs, I’m not seeing the commands come through the way I’d expect either. I’ll try to get some time this week to dig a bit deeper and will let you both know if I figure out what the problem/fix is.

2 Likes

I had the same situation and mine just changed to actually shipped. I assume they made all the labels on thursday and are just limited by how quickly they can get them packaged up.

1 Like

Whew - mine changed too this afternoon, with delivery on Friday.

1 Like

I just installed my first one of these. I’m in a situation with an existing fan that had a remote (no pull chain) and a canopy module.

I pulled the canopy module out and an running it directly from the switch. It seems to work just fine, but I’m only getting 2 speeds out of the switch. I understand that non-neutral only supports 2 speeds, but this is wired with a neutral.

Do I have a wiring problem here, or is there a mode I need to set on the switch to specify that there’s a neutral or something? Any help appreciated!

Edit: To clarify, 1 - 33% is low (I think LED bar shows as half), anything above 33 shows as 100% on switch. I expected 1 - 33% low, 34 - 66% - medium, 67+% max. The switch LED only seems to differentiate the two ranges.

Okay, found an issue… I can’t edit the LED intensity in home assistant. It does not seem to be an option. I like to sleep with the fan on, and the LED is very bright at night.

Same. Using HA + ZHA and, like other users also mentioned, missing attributes and the switch type still shows as a light. The “quirk” seema to be applied, too.

I don’t know about other platforms (Hubitat/etc), but this specific configuration is rough. I consider it as alpha, and hoping updates address some of this

1 Like