2-1 Switch Shipping Discussion

Was waiting till 5 PM today to post this. However, noticing that others getting their direct to ZWP orders being fulfilled, hastened me to do it now:

Just to add my order to the list: April 25 pre-order. Shows unfulfilled as of 335 PM EST on 10/14. I have not received any email regarding status from anyone (excluding, of course, the project timeline updates from Inovelli).

Waiting with patience (thus far) :slight_smile:

Curious about the location for these, @cscottā€¦ my house is 2850 ft^2, and I have ~1/3 that number of switches. House + guest house? Multiple locations? Trying (and failing) to envision a single-family residence with that many switchesā€¦

The home is 6800 sq ft and the switches are about 85 in total, but ordered extra for any issues and any new ideas we have for more things to automate and connect as we go.

1 Like

I was thinking along the same lines. It wouldnā€™t take much for people to demand a refund from Inovelli if shipments do not happen from ZWP because they fulfilled their own orders first. Iā€™m in the same boat as you, Iā€™m replacing them for fun. I have 30 switches on order, to the tune of over $1,300 after taxes and freight. Thatā€™s more than just pocket change I had laying around.

I donā€™t think itā€™s cynical, itā€™s a very valid point to think about. I was thinking the same last night. If ZWP does in fact fulfill their orders in full before Inovelliā€™s orders, there is a strong chance not all orders will be filled. I did see on ZWP website, they are not actively taking orders for the Blue Series switches, so Iā€™m hoping that ZWP did shut down preorders when they hit their allotment from this order and everything will be fine.

I wouldnā€™t be surprised if ZWP is not answering their phones with everyone in this forum calling their number. I feel for Eric, Iā€™m sure this is not how he envisioned this going when contracting out ZWP to do the fulfillment of the switches.

Iā€™m just going to sit back and be patient. Iā€™m just hoping ZWP doesnā€™t screw over Eric, I know heā€™s worked hard to make this happen and has put his livelihood on the line for it.

5 Likes

Iā€™ll be interested to hear how your mesh-building goesā€¦ that much space, filled with repeaters or not, may make things more challenging. Iā€™ll keep fingers crossed for youā€¦ hopefully your debugging is relatively painless. Although, with that much floor space, youā€™ll get a great workout running from one end of the house to the other after each tweak!

Thanks for the crossed fingers! It is going to be a ā€œjoyā€. Already done a lot of frequency analysis and keeping 2.4g wifi on 1 and 6 while pushing the Zigbee network to channel 25. So only 3.0+ version of Zigbee allowed to hopefully be able to have products that will support channel 25 throughout the mesh and keep it away from network issues best I can.

Lots of weekends making sure all of it flows as needed for sure.

1 Like

Hi all. Iā€™ve read a bit of the backlog of messages here. Iā€™m not sure why folks are posting their shipping status, but just in caseā€¦

I ordered April 21, Order # 35604. I havenā€™t received an email and status is Unfulfilled.

1 Like

Iā€™m just going to sit back and be patient. Iā€™m just hoping ZWP doesnā€™t screw over Eric, I know heā€™s worked hard to make this happen and has put his livelihood on the line for it.

Same. I like this company and their products more than I care about my projects, so Iā€™m willing to wait as the company learns how to be successful in one of the most challenging business environments of my lifetime. I also fully recognize that Inovelli is in the same position we are in, whatever position that may be.

2 Likes

I was really hoping that I would have seen a shipping notification today. Guess we have to wait until after the weekend. Kinda sucks, as most shipping companies still move packages over the weekend. April 25th order.

2 Likes

Curious that earlier ZWP had the ā€œadd to cartā€ disabled
and now you can actually buy :thinking:
although it does say October orders are sold out

Honestly, letting something small like switches delay construction of a house is absolutely ridiculous (if true.) You could easily put in dumb switches that can be had for under a dollar each in bulk and install the smartswitches at a later date.

2 Likes

Iā€™m not appreciating this at allā€¦ @Eric_Inovelli is ZWP a long-term commitment? Seems like perhaps an independent distributor shipping vendor thatā€™s not conducting product sales would be a less angst-inducing option. Too much appearance of impropriety with the way things have gone, imoā€¦

4 Likes

Another April preorder here, a little annoyed but hoping that there are no issues, a small delay of a few days isnā€™t the end of the world after having waited this long already, as long as there donā€™t end up being any stock issues. It would be really disappointing to have to go in a different direction for my home.

2 Likes

I donā€™t like that I can add to cart nowā€¦ hoping they arenā€™t just taking the stacks of 10 packs they have stockpiled and shipping them out. I know they claim itā€™s for "pre-order"but itā€™s weird that it went live again

2 Likes

I honestly donā€™t understand the level of panic in this thread and the wild thought process that somehow a order isnā€™t going to be fulfilled because the distributior shipped theirs first. Or the mild conspiracy theories of the distributior ignoring inovelliā€¦ Everyone take a breath!

And for reference I got a shipping email for my June pre-order, so they are definitely working through them.

To note, Iā€™m pretty sure Inovelli holds some switches in reserve to handle warranties, I donā€™t think at the end of fulfillment, there is absolutely 0 switches left in the world.

7 Likes

placed with whom? If itā€™s a direct Inovelli pre-order, you appear to be the first and only report of positive shipping action. You also ordered months after many of us, and I would have expected shipments to be sequential and follow order #.

Yes a direct Inovelli order. I saw a couple of others on the Hubitat community reporting the same thing.

Edit: Inovelli Blue - #49 by rabell - šŸ’¬ Lounge - Hubitat

1 Like

huhā€¦ I guess it truly is a lottery over there at ZWP, then

2 Likes

Hey Eric, any idea if the stuff destined to Canada is moving yet?

2 Likes

yeah i also just received a ZWP order, which i placed a few weeks ago. my july order has not been shipped yetā€¦

1 Like