2-1 Switch Shipping Discussion

In case it’s useful to anyone: I received the email that my direct inovelli.com order status changed to ‘shipped’ yesterday (~4pm east coast time), and it was picked by usps today at around 4pm.
On the inoveli.com , my order status is still “Unfulfilled”. So I guess there’s some delay on inovelli.com order page.
I wasn’t expecting that, because many people who placed order much earlier than me haven’t got their shipment. But at least it’s a good sign that ZWP has been working on inovelli.com orders.

Ordered in April, day 1, and still no shipment notification. Truly hoping ours actually ships.

Where do we go from here if not?

I just noticed my order number is different from the original order number I got from my confirmation email. I was talking to someone on reddit who said his order number was in the 18XXXs and his shipped. My original order was in the 17XXXs, now its 35XXX So a possible theory, is that since I made an account on the new Inovelli site, my order number changed and pushed me down the line.

2 Likes

So a possible theory, is that since I made an account on the new Inovelli site, my order number changed and pushed me down the line. @Gangoke

It’s probably not the case, because my original order number was 19XXX and my new order number is 37XXX. :sweat: Yet (surprisingly) my order got shipped.
I don’t know how the shipment is ordered - by address? By order size? Random order?

3 Likes

Glad you quickly disproved that theory. But now it’s a total crap shoot lol. I’ll just try to stop thinking about it. I’m not really in any rush.

1 Like

Some orders going out is a positive. Pure speculation but seems like it’s random or some unknown (not order number related) factor is driving shipments. I do find it odd that only an incredibly small handful of people in this thread have reported shipments, but time will tell.

No need to lose my mind over it, just wish it was different and can’t wait for these to arrive

1 Like

No shipping yet for me on a 10 pack order placed 8/26. The wait is no problem for me, I’m just looking forward to the improved WAF of being able to do direct binding to the bulbs :rofl:

I’m sure things will get sorted out soon, the Inovelli team is awesome.

1 Like

Inovelli is awesome, but ZWP is some trash. Never heard of them, and will forget their name just as fast.

Just did a little bit of looking around on https://www.zwaveproducts.com/, I’m assuming that’s ZWP’s website. A quick google search shows that their “fulfillment center” probably isn’t all that sophisticated. Probably a 2-3 man job, so we’ll probably be waiting a few weeks for “Bob” to mosey (no pun intended to anyone named Bob) his way down to USPS to ship these out. No big sweat for me, but just my analysis.

4 Likes

Just as another point of reference, I have a small order from June that is still in ‘Unfulfilled’ state.

1 Like

We don’t need points of reference, we need results! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Anyone got a stash of boxes and live in NJ?? :rofl:

2 Likes

I’m only about 30 minutes from the warehouse and offered to go pick mine up. Unfortunately, I’m sure for insurance reasons, the shipping company won’t allow it.

1 Like

If they’d let you id throw you some money to grab mine and ship them

I’ve got to say, the last couple of days of this thread make me understand why most companies aren’t nearly as transparent with customers as inovelli has been with us. By giving us detailed info on the status of the product, down to the day they arrive in warehouse and expected turnaround for shipping, they set the expectations high and when those expectations were not met people got upset. Not only are people wondering why their order didn’t ship exactly when expected, but they are worked up about orders maybe shipping out of sequence, and a reseller’s orders shipping first. People are worried that the distributor may run out of product before shipping their orders, and coming up with conspiracy theories about the distributor trying to screw over inovelli, all based on orders not shipping within a day of arriving in the warehouse.

I get it, we are all very excited for this new toy, but keep it in perspective: We all pre ordered this product months ago, knowing it didn’t even exist yet. My original order said it was expected to ship mid July, but I didn’t get upset about it when manufacturing delays made that impossible. Maybe we were all a little disappointed, but we knew going in that any delivery timeframe was an educated guess at best. A couple of days delay in final shipping is nothing compared to the time we’ve already waited.

Don’t get me wrong, I really appreciate that Eric has been so open with us throughout, and the details he has shared about the process and difficulties have been enlightening. I love getting that look behind the curtain and learning a little about everything that’s involved. But, based on how people are reacting to this tiny speed bump so close to the finish line, I completely understand why it is so rare for companies to offer customers this level of transparency. If Eric hadn’t been quite so forthcoming with exact details of the timing expected, if he had added a little wiggle room in and said that all orders should be shipped by the end of the month or even the end of next week, everyone would have been fine with that and delighted if their order shipped on Monday or Tuesday, a little earlier than promised.
I’m sure Eric and the team are hard at work coordinating with the distributor to make sure everyone gets what they ordered as soon as possible. Maybe once it’s all over with he’ll even have a story to share. Meanwhile, let him work in peace. Have a little faith, have a little patience, and everything will be alright.

34 Likes

Well said. I have to say I have no angst about the current state of things. I also appreciate the openness, including knowing about the speed bumps along the way. Thank you!

2 Likes

I couldn’t agree more.

I too ordered in April. I will hold off the getting upset but do hope the pre-orders direct with Inovelli are shipped from this batch. I continue to support Inovelli but it is unnerving to think ZWP are getting their orders filled first!

2 Likes

That’s one way of looking at it. I mean, I’m not mad at these guys, I’m sure they’re trying their best, but results speak. Yes, they’re transparent, but in this situation, I wouldn’t expect anything less. They’ve had preorders for the 5 button switch for I don’t even know how long at this point. If they went silent or told us to pound sand the refund requests would be massive. I keep my preorder in because they HAVE been transparent. For the number of mistakes along the way, the leeway this team gets is kind of incredible. I guess it speaks to how much we all love the product and how much we’re willing to tolerate.

5 Likes

I’m absolutely not mad at inovelli and I don’t subscribe to the conspiracy theories, however it was completely disrespectful for the shipping partner to service their own customers who ordered only a few short weeks ago in advance of all of us who have been excitedly waiting for many months.

They claim this is because they are more familiar with their own system, but the reality is that they just value their own customers ahead of their partnership, and that’s disgusting. They had no obligation to send to their customers first, they were clearly listed as pre-orders on their site. They did it because they wanted to, and they didn’t care.

4 Likes

And that’s kinda where I disagree. It’s business, not friendship. ZWaveProducts did what they felt was in the best interest of its operation, which is what any successful ruthless business would do. It also means they don’t see value in a long-term partnership with Inovelli. Was it a mistake, only time will tell. Inovelli should have had the shipping situation in writing, with a monetary penalty. I feel like I have to preface every criticism because I think their hearts are in the right place, but the fact is naivety is a recurring theme.

2 Likes