Hey all – We wanted to give you a peek under the tent in terms of what we’re working on for 2020 as well as the reasoning behind it. There’s a lot of exciting stuff brewing and we hope to take a lot of the momentum generated in 2019 and parlay it into 2020.
With the tariffs coming in at a minimum 25% on mostly everything except switches, we are concentrating on our switch lineup before expanding much further. If tariffs go away, we can explore more options (such as LED’s, plugs, etc) but unfortunately, at this time, all Z-Wave manufacturers are located in China, so it’s hard to dodge the tariffs. Our current manufacturer is looking to open a plant outside China, but it likely won’t happen until mid 2020.
Anyway, here’s what we have planned:
- May 2020 - Fan/Light Switch: Project Hurricane
- Jun 2020 - Paddle Remote: Project BFF
- Jul 2020 - Fan Switch: Project Windy City
- Aug 2020 - 4-Button Switch: Project Name TBD
- Aug 2020 - Motion Sensor Switch: Project Name TBD
- Aug 2020 - Zigbee On/Off: Project New Horizon
- Aug 2020 - Zigbee Dimmer: Project New Horizon
If paddle remotes are successful, we’re looking to add in a 5 button remote at the end of the year. In addition, we’d love to add a double-switch. Also, if tariffs go away, we’d love to add in our LED strips (currently, it’s at a 28.9% rate), Edison bulbs, etc.
Thanks as always for your support and we’ll look forward to updating you on the schedule above!