2020 Product Roadmap

Thanks for the insight. The Hubitat management was basically saying not this hardware version for 3.0 since it doesn’t really add any functionality.

What’s the current status of this switch? :yum:

You really need to consider toggle switches as well. My whole house is toggles. It is rather expensive to convert all to pedals, and I really don’t want a mash up of styles (the WAF plays a role here too). A lot of my switches are three way, and in 4 and 5 switch gang boxes. I keep looking at them and the couple switches I have, and I have my doubts they that many of your switches can fit in those boxes.

1 Like

I also would like to vote for the toggles on the zigbee switches instead of the petals. I also would like to see no neutral as you have on the z-wave switches.

1 Like

Just curious: If you had a toggle switch instead of paddles, and you turned the lights on or off via zwave instead of from the switch itself, wouldn’t the toggle switch be in the wrong orientation (toggle may be in the up position even though the lights are off)?

1 Like

The zen23 auto centers like the paddle switches.

@Eric_Inovelli Can we get an update to the 2020 roadmap or a new 6 month forecast?

2 Likes

My concern isn’t with the orientation of the toggles, it with the mix of toggles and paddles throughout the house (and subsequently wife acceptance factor).

Regardless of any home automation or smart lighting, the first thing I do in every house I live in is to swap out the 1960’s style toggle switches with modern style paddles. A box of 10 is like $15 at Home Depot so you can probably change all your old dumb toggles to new dumb paddles for about the same cost as one smart switch and then everything will match :thinking:

7 Likes

The funny thing is, the house is less than a year old. I wouldn’t normally have any issue doing this except there are several 4 and 5 switch gang boxes (not sure if they would all fit) and there are several circuts that are tied into multiple switches throughout the house. I’ve honestly never seen a house where pretty much every circuit on the main living room/kitchen (open floor plan) is controlled by at least 3 switches around the room. The straightaway switches i won’t have problems with, it’s all these 3 ways that will have me extremely confused.

Funny you say that because my current house is like that. When I first moved in it had all traditional toggles (dumb 3-way and 4-way) but I prefer the “decora-style” paddles and swapped them all out. That was a few years ago and everything was still “dumb” switches then. Inovelli switches are great because they can work with existing dumb 3-way and 4-way switches. You won’t have to re-wire anything as long as you put the Inovelli switch in the box that has the main LINE (hot) coming in. For me, that wasn’t always the location where I would have preferred to put the Inovelli so that may or may not affect your case. For me it was an acceptable choice.

Hi all, new member here.

Is there any update on the 4-button switch mentioned in the roadmap and on this thread? Is that still under active development?

I am planning to replace all the switches in my house. The previous owner had a PCS UPB setup with scene buttons all over the house, and I love the control they provide, but a few have died. A Z-wave 4-button controller sounds like just the thing.

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

@abhishek a new project just started for a 5 button switch that might fit what you’re looking for:

Z-Wave 5-Button Scene Controller + Dimmer Switch | Project Rock Out

1 Like

I’m curious if there’s an update for the zigbee switch? I’ve got quite a few red series dimmers already and have a few more to add - but they’re low priory and thought I might wait a bit if they’re still in the works - just to do a little comparison and have a mix of zigbee and z wave.

1 Like

Thank you! Will comment there.

Whew, I haven’t been in this thread in a bit… sorry guys!

Hmmm… it’s just hard because we sold toggles before and we would sell paddles 200-1 easily. With R&D, Tooling, etc being upwards of $75-100k per product, it’s hard to justify toggles.

In regards to the depth of the switches (I think that’s what your concern is), regardless of toggles or paddles, the depth will likely be the same (at least they were on Gen 1). So, you should be good!

Sure – I’ll edit the above roadmap as well as provide some context to addition/subtractions!

Yeah! As @gibbor mentioned, we have something similar coming out early 2021 and it’s something that’s being fast-tracked due to multiple parties that are interested in co-developing it with us and the manufacturer.

Z-Wave 5-Button Scene Controller + Dimmer Switch | Project Rock Out

This unfortunately will have to be pushed back to 2021 due to what I’ll explain at the original thread. In a nutshell, COVID, manufacturer constraints, and some exciting times with expenses have caused some projects to be pushed back.

4 Likes

@Eric_Inovelli are you going to update the 2021 roadmap? I would really like to get my hands on a few of those Zigbee switches without neutral wire? Thanks I really like your products and have rewire many outlets in my house so that I could add your switches and dimmers.

3 Likes

I’m in the same boat as above. Really interested in the zigbee switches.

I’m trying to move away from home assistant (been overall unhappy with stability) and my red dimmer is the last thing in my house that is keeping me needing to run my HASS server.

@Eric_Inovelli Any update on if you will be pursuing the motion sensor switch (preferably dimmer)?

California building code requires vacancy switches in Garage/Laundry/Utility/Garage. Plus, when done right they are EXTREMELY useful in home automation. However, the only one making them is GE. The handfeel is terrible and not wife approved and the driver support isn’t great. This would be a product where Inovelli could really differentiate themselves and sell a lot of switches (probably moreso than the fan/light controller.) I have 9 switches in my home that would be swapped out immediately if these were available.

1 Like