2021-2022 Roadmap

Potentially down the road. They’re having a lot of the same issues as us supposedly with Z-Wave, so they prefer we start with Zigbee.

Are there any in particular you’re looking for? I can put in a request to see if they’d entertain Z-Wave.

Y’all got any of them Z-Stick 7 Pros?

5 Likes

Any of them, all of them?

I have a few of the Zooz outdoor motion sensors: ZOOZ ZSE29 OUTDOOR MOTION SENSOR – ZOOZ. They have been very reliable, quick triggering and so far the best Zooz product I have bought… Some of the other items not worth the money.

1 Like

I have one too. Works well and the batteries lasted 1-2 years.

Thanks for the tip. I’ll get one of these to play around with.

1 Like

Thought I’d check in to see if the RGBW BR30 zwave bulb is still on the roadmap for Q3? Any updates to share?

1 Like

Things are looking good for Matter “If I were setting up a smart home now, I would avoid buying anything that doesn’t support Thread and/or pledge a Matter update.“

Can we get an updated road map as this is defiantly out dated. Looking for Fan/Light, Fan, Dual Switch

And stop being defiant . . .

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Yeah, remind me in maybe a month or so. I’m trying to get the 2-1’s out the door and our strategy moving forward figured out with the new operations guy.

If it’s any consolation, we just submitted RFP’s for the following:

• Dual Switch (will have the ability to pair to a canopy module too) – so it will be both a dual switch and also could be a fan/light switch
  • mmWave Switch
  • 5-Button (priority)

We also have the fan switch in beta right now and a 2-1 Red Series switch kicked off w/estimated delivery in Dec/Jan.

Just remind me if I don’t come back and edit this – I get overwhelmed easily and sometimes these things just slip through the cracks.

4 Likes

I want one.

Edit: I want at least 3.

1 Like

Do you have plans then to sell the canopy module separately too as an option? I have an insteon setup with three fans and two switches in a 3-way type of setup and would love to move to something supported if I could and this sounds like it might be the closest I might come with current offerings out there. Independent control of the fans is not needed at all so that simplifies things.

Yes, definitely. On that topic, I’ve been meaning to ask bc I’ve been scratching my head on this setup and wondering what the point is to have a smart canopy module.

I’ve seen many ppl ask about this, but for some reason I never thought about it until recently when we were talking about how to best innovate against the fan/light switch.

What is the benefit of having just a canopy module that’s smart?

In thinking it through, wouldn’t you need some sort of switch to communicate with that module? If not, you’d have to leave that switch on permanently and hope no none shuts it off (or I suppose you could rewire it so that there’s constant power at the module, but even still, how would you control the module aside from an app or voice control?).

I’ve heard people talk about using an RF remote to talk to their smart fan, but even that is confusing bc I’d think it would get out of sync quickly.

Curious to hear your use-case!

Will the “Dual Switch” also be capable of dimming?

In my case I have one fan hooked to one switch and two fans hooked to the other but all three fans are on the same patio with one switch at either of two doors (one at each end of the patio), currently wired at their respective switches to be always on. While the switches control speed and light to all three being the same setting when locally controlled via some script glue, it is nice to have the flexibility to be able to use my OpenHAB or Alexa to only control a single one if say I know I’m only going to need light or cooling at one end of the patio since one of the fans is just outside the master door & window while the others are nearer common areas. All my switches are also 6 button Keypadlincs with the fan button kit like this one, which honestly I think makes for a more user friendly interface but I’d be willing to trade that out for your zwave alternative if it were available. Hope that all makes sense

It’s called Home AUTOMATION! Switches are like, so, unautomated. I’ve seriously thought about putting the LZW36 switch into a plastic electrical box with a lamp cord for power, so that it can control the canopy unit via RF acting as a Z-Wave bridge. Set the fan speed based on temperature, turn the light on based on lumens and motion, etc. I honestly haven’t touched an LZW36 in months, because “Siri, set living room fan speed to 33%” from my Apple Watch is easier than pushing a button…

That’s the ask, yes :slight_smile:

The reason I am looking to canopy module is be my fans have a integrated led light, are rf controled, and dc motors

With rf controled fans they are always out of sync with HA and no good way to fix that. I can use power mounting on my red to know if the light is on and if fan are speeds 4 to 6. Speed 1-3 aren’t higher then the 1.6 w that red report as on when the fan is turned off.

Also with the integrated LED, witch is the way fans seem to going, I have no way to split it off to a second switch for control. My house has the needed switches, but they do nothing, unless I set them to use automations.

DC motors, just for how quite they are and power usage.

Also i really don’t want to go WiFi for my ceiling Fan, I don’t see any good reason why ceiling fan needs internet access. Alot wifi fans I see wan lt you to use there app. There some BT controled Fans so I guess that a Option.

I’m extremely frustrated by the newer fans.

I, also, have wall switches for the fans and lights.

No way do I want the operation and life of my fan based on access to a web site and yet ANOTHER app on my phone.

I also don’t want to have to replace my fan every 1-2 years because an led conked out (thousands of hours before they should).

I also don’t want my ability to operate my fan, light totally dependent on a remote control that will get mixed up with the ones for the 7 other fans in my house or simply lost.

It’s a shame that consumers are buying into these devices that have so many mid to long range problems.

1 Like