2nd Gen Switch with HomeAssistant - Shows as, "Inovelli Unknown" and not, "Switch"

I am having the same issue. Were you able to resolve this?

No… I gave up after a point :frowning: @EricM_Inovelli now its just me. I have 2 more people having the same problem. I am guessing it a software problem. I can send the device to your address if you want to troubleshoot this more.

If you are getting energy reports but not other reports the inclusion may not have completed. You can add the controller node id (usually 1) to association group 1 and that will likely fix it.

Group 1 isn’t listed here but with Z-Wave plus devices the 1st group is called the “Lifeline” group and it is the group needed to get information from the device to the hub.

I figured out for mine. For my case, I had to put the whole HASS installation path which you can see it on the dev section.

I was able to add Inovelli devices to show up on the HASS. I understand you can create a zwave association to control smart lighting. But I haven’t been able to find an instruction if I want to control philps hue lightbulbs, how to setup a switch scene to work with it on HASS. I got as far as the switch to be used for smart bulb by pressing config button 8 times, so if you can point me to right direction, will be appreicated.
Thanks.

I think there is some information in the forums for setting up scenes in Home Assistant, but I will try to make a KB article about it.

Are you using the built-in zwave functionality in Home Assistant, or have you customized it? Are you needing help getting HA to recognize zwave scenes, or are scenes working, but you need help setting up the appropriate automations?

Also, have you already modified your manufacturer-specific.xml file so HA can load all of your config parameters?

@jtronicus may have a lot more information based on your answers, but here are some support articles that may help you. The first one is how to get all of the features into Home Assistant for our devices. You may have already done this and the article does not cover all of the many Home Assistant setups.

The next article is a brief overview of how to setup automations in the HA GUI based on the scene events created by our switches (double, triple press etc.). I am not sure how to control Philips Hue in HA as I haven’t ever done that, but the steps should be similar. Just different info for the “Actions” section.

Yes, I am using build in Z-wave using AEOTEC Z-wave stick. I want to be able to control hue bulbs, I am not sure how I can do that with Red Series switch. I tried using automation but it only recognize on/off event so when the switch is set for smart bulb (on all the time), it can’t recognize when switch push. And yes, I have loaded all files as per instructions and updated the manuafacurer-specific.xml.

The current built in zwave functionality of Home Assistant doesnt support scenes out of the box. If you dont see any zwave scene events in HA, you may need to manually edit your zwcfg_*.xml file according to this post:

1 Like