2x Config button scene missing from Firmware

Firmware 1.49 added a feature where pressing the config button 2x would both clear the active notification and also send a 2x pressed scene to the hub. However, it looks like this feature is not present on FW 1.57 (not sure which FW version it disappeared from, as I just now noticed it).

Was this feature deliberately removed?

I think it had to be removed to clear space for other improvements.

Any idea if this feature might make a return?

Hmmmm… this is a good question.

@EricM_Inovelli – do you know the answer here? I’m not sure why they would’ve taken this feature out.

@jtronicus – do you have, “instant on” turned on? Just curious if maybe that disabled the 2x scene reporting (it wasn’t supposed to, but maybe they messed up the firmware).

I do not have “Instant On” enabled, but I did test it both ways, just in case. I also tried changing the physical button delay setting to different values, but it also had no effect.

1 Like

AS @kreene1987 mentioned, it was removed. It was included in the “branch” of the firmware that removed all local config options and actually removed some of the parameters (which was a mistake on the engineers part). When that was rolled back the feature was not put back in. I will see if it can be put back in.

Hello, was just looking for the same thing. Was trying a Blueprint for a 2x press of the config/favorites button to call a scene, and was getting back only two single presses. Was this ever added back? if not will this be available in the Blue switch?

They both say on the page that they support 1-5x presses of the favorites button and looking to confirm that it would be supported on blue.