3/4-way setup tip

The Inovelli acts weird no matter the position of the dumb switch. Sometimes the Inovelli buttons seems to be inversed (on turns lights off and off turns on) and other times pressing either buttons don’t do anything

No the Inovelli doesn’t lose power at any point

Haven’t tried switching out the bulbs yet. Any recommendations for a specific incandescent bulb?

Not for an incandescent. Highest wattage you can find.

Do you have a spare Inovelli? If you have another, try swapping it out.

Tried that already with the existing LED bulbs, but nothing. I will get some incandescent lights and see what happens

Appreciate everyone’s help thus far

@mraz.camren - It’s amazing how a simple light bulb changes the characteristics of the switch.

1 Like

So as it turns out, YOU WERE RIGHT!. It WERE the bulbs that caused the switch to misbehave…Should have acted on your suggestion sooner

I swapped out three 10W LED bulbs with one 150W incandescent bulb, everything’s working as it should. However, when I put the LED bulbs back, switch started to misbehave again. It seems like the switch is not auto-recognizing the load? I updated the firmware and everything but I have to keep incandescent bulb to keep things working as it should. At this point, it does seem like a software issue. Tagging @EricM_Inovelli to make him aware of it

Having a 150W incandescent bulb however is hurting me inside. It sucks so much power, and it’s too bright :smiley:
Are there any alternate lower wattage bulbs that may work? Will halogen bulbs work? What about CFL bulbs?

1 Like

Some LEDs are better than others. There is a compatibility list somewhere on the forum that others have had great success using. Worst case scenario, go to the local HD or Lowes and pick up a few bulbs. Find ones that work and return the others.

2 Likes

You can definitely lower the wattage. I always suggest going high as an experiment because sometimes it’s about the power draw. Sometimes it’s about the bulb’s electronics, though.

One thing you could try if you want to go back to your old LEDs is wire in a bypass on one light. Your issue isn’t it’s primary use, but it has been known to solve varying problems.

As far as bulbs, you’ll have to experiment. I wouldn’t be surprised if anything dimmable except LEDs worked fine. There seem to be some internals in some LED bulbs that conflict. Others work just fine.

Here is the compatibility list @harjms didn’t post: (<---- just taking a shot at my buddy :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:)

2 Likes

There were 3 three lights controlled by the switches. I switched out one of the LED with a halogen bulb, and things seem to be working as expected. Thanks everyone for your help! Much appreciated

1 Like