I’m trying to get a 3-way setup with two LZW31-SN dimmers switches working. Being able to dim at both ends of a 3-way without “must go through the hub” lag and have both switches stay in sync isn’t asking too much, right?
First the setup:
- Home Assistant 0.109.6
- Aeotec ZW090 Z-Stick Gen5
- Z-Wave config mods to get Inovelli switches working as described here: https://community.home-assistant.io/t/guide-for-installing-inovelli-devices-in-home-assistant-ozwave-v1-4/172043
- Followed the wiring example from this youtube video. Diagram is at 1:04.
- Opted for the 2-way “mirroring” option with dimmers since lag was 10+ seconds at times using automations going through HA and it just seems janky.
- This sort of use case seems to be exactly what ZWave groups and direct node to node associations are for.
- The video suggests disabling the internal relay (Hit Config A button 8x) but I had to leave it enabled to get this far.
Setup in HA:
- Master dimmer added to group 3 of slave dimmer
- Slave dimmer added to group 3 of master dimmer
- group3 explained straight from Inovelli’s Zwave compliance doc - https://products.z-wavealliance.org/products/3438/embedpics: Switch Multilevel Set Group 3 can be used to keep the, “master” switch in sync with the “slave switches”
Both switches stay in sync with each other but they end up in an endless loop of sending the same command (due to the 2-way association) to each other which just isn’t going to work. I can see this constant repeating of the same command back and forth by tailing the OZW log file.
Anyone have any suggestions?