4 way wiring with red dimmer and 2 x zooz on/off switches

I did test continuity on all the wires before hooking anything up to identify which wires are routed to which boxes.

The red wires are really just being used as “jumpers” to bring the load or neutral between boxes.

Are you saying I need to reconfigure some parameters for the load switch?

Again, all three switches do all me to turn off and on the circuit. Just some random behavior that I’d like to sort out.

1. buzzing in the lights
    2 the on/off switch seems a bit slow to turn on or off.
  2. Ramp rate set to zero on the dimmers but only seems to work that way on the load switch. Non load dimmer still fades up and down slowly and so does that zooz.

Thinking this has to be something in the parameter config.

I’m just saying, the electrical code requires neutral wires to be white.

Did you set the load dimmer to neutral and 1-pole?

What are parameter 1-4 set to? You can synchronize 2 dimmers when turning on. I’m doing it. Well, one usually has a bit of delay behind the other but it is close to synchronized.

I think he drew it in blue because the background is white.

Yes, blue = white. But the neutral wire going from the center to the left is red because?

Sorry, I see how that can be confusing. I used a red traveler wire as the jumper between those boxes as the neutral. I tried to keep the poor mans diagram I made as accurate as possible with the colors used so I could keep it straight.

Any thoughts on what could be causing the buzzing? Also noticing that when I turn on or off from the Zooz switch that the delay can be long, up to 10 seconds at times.

No, you don’t answer the questions and I got nothing new to add.

Sorry! I thought I had pasted this screen shot in earlier. Is set to single pole and neutral. Other params in the screenshot below.

Set zwave ramp rate to 0 if you want the switch to change fast when commanded over zwave. Right now, switching on-off via association will take 3 seconds just as you posted.

Stupid me… Completely overlooked that it is a zwave command that is actually doing the control between.

So that change did sync up the 2 red dimmers however the zooz is still hit or miss. Sometimes it turns on, other times it doesn’t. And still have the buzzing.

Thinking mixing and matching was not a great idea. Might have to order another red dimmer. Not sure what else can be done here.

Update. I replaced the Zooz with another red dimmer and while all works fine. The buzzing is still there.

Guessing I have a loose connection somewhere or perhaps one of the lights is starting to fail.

Some lights just buzz :man_shrugging: