5-way w/ aux switches

Hello,

I’m struggling to get this 5-way set up with a Blue 2-1 (VZM31-SN) and 3 white aux switches. I’ve read a lot of different threads and I may have a situation like this one: 5-way switch wiring different from diagrams

Wiring as it was before smart switch installation:

• 1 switch at bottom of stairs (black, pink, white & ground wires)
  • 1 switch at top of the stairs (black, pink, white & ground wires)
  • 2 more switches in front of other bedrooms (only pink & white travelers are connected to switch)
  • 1 load consisting of 3 LED flush ceiling lights

The blue 2-1 is installed at the top of the stairs.

• For the neutral: I ran a white pigtail from the other side of the wall (there’s another receptable on the other side that’s on the same circuit)

• For the line wire, I used a multimeter on the bare wires before installation and found the white wire to have voltage when checked with an alligator clip onto the neutral

• I just assumed the black wire was the load

• Installed pink wire into the traveler screw

Tested with just the Blue 2-1 switch and it powered on and seemed to be working “properly.”
Proceeded to install aux switches and followed how the diagram had shown the final switch’s black (common) wire capped off with a wire nut.

Tested again after aux switches installation. No power to Blue 2-1 switch upstairs. Started troubleshooting and replaced the aux switch at the bottom of the stairs with the old switch.

Tested again, and now the switch upstairs works when the switch downstairs is switched on. Not sure how this wiring was done and the more look into it, the more confused I get.

Did I get the line wire wrong? any help would be much appreciated!

Downstairs Switch:

Upstairs Switch:

Bedroom 3:

Bedroom 4:

Bedroom AUX switches: