Adding a new red series devices to Smartthings

I have approx 20 inovelli devices. All Red series, I have switches, dimmers, and recently purchased a bunch of 2-1.

Every time I add a Red 2-1 device it takes forever for it to finally be added.
In Smartthings I “add a nearby device”
I press config 3 times
And within a few seconds a “zwave device” shows up and requires secure setup. Great!
I tap “setup”, I scan the QR code, and every single time it says

“The QR code you scanned is for a device that’s different from the one you originally selected. Add the device you scanned instead?”

So I tap add, and now I typically just put my phone down and walkaway. I wait for my Alexa to announce a new device has been found. Typically takes 2-5min.
I go back to my phone and most times it says failed. But when I go and look the device is added and has the correct inovelli drivers.

Now when I do this with a Red Switch… I typically have to add the device, factory reset it 2 - 3 times, and delete it from smartthings manually before it shows up and starts working normally.

I love the device, they have been the most reliable switches and dimmers I have ever used. But add them is always a trial of patience.

I think I see what’s happening, I have a theory though based on what I read but I’m not sure.

In Step 4, are you clicking on, “Partner Devices” or, “Scan Nearby”?

If it’s Partner Devices, can you instead click on, “Scan Nearby”?

I always use scan nearby.

Video of process:

That is the weirdest thing. Are you on the most recent version of the app? Idk I have Android so I can’t tell.

Unless you really want S2 security, I would just press cancel or skip (can’t remember exactly what it is) instead of scanning the QR code, and let it continue to add that way.