Associating an LZW31-SN with Red Series 2-1

I am new to Z Wave Associations, but have been reading through the forums and think I have a good handle on setting up my first association, but I have one other question I couldn’t seem to find. Currently, I have a Red Series 2-1 in a three way set up using the white auxiliary switch. However, I have an extra LZW31 that I was thinking about using to replace the aux switch so it better matches the other switches in that box. On my other LZW31’s I use automations to turn the LED bar yellow when the light is on and back to blue when the light is off. In reading about the associations it says it syncs the LED bar, so does this mean I would not need to set up the automation for the LZW31 and it will sync the LED bar to match the 2-1 switch, which turns yellow when the light is on?

No it won’t just work. Only the on-off-level indication gets synchronized.

Thanks, but I could still create an automation (like I have now) for the LZW31 to turn yellow when the light is on, correct?

Is all you’re doing changing the LED color when on vs when off? If so, you can actually just set parameters 95/96 to the colors you want instead of having to use an automation. See the parameters for more info.

Thanks, I’m aware I can change the parameters for the 2-1 switch, but I was looking to change the LED bar on the LZW31 (second gen red series), which will be the other switch in a three way setup (instead of the auxiliary switch.) I don’t think there’s a parameter for that, which is why I was doing an automation, but maybe I’m wrong. I just wanted to make sure I could keep running the automation on the LZW31 when it is installed in a three way setup with another smart switch.

See this page for the parameters for the gen 2 red series dimmer: Red Series Dimmer Switch • Parameters | Inovelli Help Center
(13-15)

I got mixed up on the question, wanted to make sure you knew you didn’t need the automation for the 2-1 also :slight_smile:

Yes, you would still need the automation to change that LED color on the LZW31-SN, however the level should stay in sync with the 2-1 as part of the association.

Yes, you’d need the automation.

Thank you for everyone for your help!