Black Series Scene Control with Home Assistant (HA) (migrating from SmartThings)

Definitely right about that, it’s putting together pieces of a puzzle from all those 5000 posts lol. When it works though, it’s a great feeling. I just brough my second 3 way black series light in to HA and it’s working great. Can’t over-state how much I LOVE local control with the WIZ lights and my switches. My only nit pick (and that’s all it is) is going to the Wiz App and turning off/on lights I can’t figure a way to sync state back to the switch (not a biggie).

If any other HA newbies happen on this, one other note to get this all working is I had to jiggle the Switch Type parameter (in my case set to single pole, flip switch, then back to aux), smart bulb mode (disable/enable) and local protection values. This technique has been mentioned in several other posts when things don’t seem to work.

Other thing is I generally clear my browser cache and restart HA when things go wierd (i.e. one switch I couldn’t select the triggers in automations until I did this). Just being verbose when I have to come back and read what I did later :slight_smile:

Easy automation.

TRIGGER
State
Wiz light
(changes value implied, don’t have to specify anything)

CONDITION
None

ACTION
Choose

Condition 1
Wiz light turned off
Turn off Switch

Condition 2
Wiz light turned on
Turn on Switch

That said, once the Wiz light is in HA, you should no longer need to use the Wiz app EVER. I’ve trashed every app except HA once integrated into my HA environment.

Also, welcome and tag me if you need any HA assistance related to inovelli products. If you did get a blueprint working, please post up over in blueprints and others can help refine it!

1 Like

You use the HA app on your phone instead? I would agree, you should be able to do on-off by controlling the dimmer and then they would always match. I know on iPhone you can add that widget to control certain things. I only have some scenes in there right now but apparently you can add various things.

I hear what you’re saying but the HA integration doesn’t do everything as far as configuring the bulbs. Plus I actually do on occasion like using the Wiz App, it works everywhere (I don’t currently have HA setup where I can access it remotely yet).

I think I have a way around it though - the logic would be something like:

-If light on/off state is different from switch on/off state then set switch state to match light state. If the light and switch state are the same that do nothing (this should avoid the possible automation loop).

I thought you were using an on/off? If it’s a dimmer we can approach differently for sure.

Basically if brightness ATTRIBUTE changes, sync to other device.