Blue 2-1 Default Dimmer Level

I would hope the translation was in the driver. I believe there’s other ST users here that would have similar issues. @Eric_Inovelli being an avid ST user.

1 Like

@kevin.espinosa – happy to hop in here and figure this out. Sorry it took so long for me to get to this.

Just so I’m understanding correctly, whenever you turn on your dimmer, it goes to 39%?

Let’s try a few things if you don’t mind:

• Can you reset everything back to defaults (not sure what all you changed, but if you can remember that would be great)
  • Then, can you turn on the switch and hold up on the paddle until the light is at full output (100%)
  • Then turn off the light by either using the ST app or 1x tapping down on the switch (don’t hold down on the paddle - just tap 1x)
  • Now, turn it on again by either 1x tapping up on your switch or by pressing on in the ST App – can you let me know what value it shows in the ST App?
    • The default behavior should be that it goes to 100% since that was the last level that you had it at

Let’s start here and see what that value is.

Thanks! Might be a day or two delay here in trying some of this as I’m not getting home until late and the lights are in my kids rooms! But I’ll try some of this and report back.

2 Likes

No prob, take your time!

So this morning before I left for work I tried doing a factory reset on one of the switches but then was unable to get it to connect to the ST hub (I also struggles getting them connected initially but eventually succeeded). So I wasn’t able to test everything back at default. But with a different switch, i did observe the following:
Default setting 101 - came on at 40%
Default setting 100 - came on at 39%
Default setting 90 - came on at 35%
Default setting 50 - came on at 20%

So it does seem to be a direct reduction of the setting to 39-40% of what I input.

I think this is a translation issue. Driver on red was 0-99, now we have 0-255. I think the driver needs an updated. I’ve let @EricM_Inovelli know offline to resolve.

4 Likes

I’ve updated the driver to scale the value. It usually takes a few hours to push out to peoples hubs. After the update, you’ll have to change the parameter to something else and change it back for it to push it to the device.

3 Likes

@Eric_Inovelli - You May need to update screenshots/values in the ST setup section.

1 Like

I think I’m experiencing the same issue but on Home Assistant, so I’ll post my issue here instead of making a new thread.

So in order to have my lights turn on to different brightness values depending on the time of day, in home assistant I change the “DefaultLevelLocal” for all my blues based on a time schedule. For daytime brightness, “DefaultLevelLocal” is set to 100 (home assistant treats it as a percentage and I cannot put any value greater than 100 in the field). However, when I turn on the light at the switch it comes on only to ~40% brightness.

Likely an HA handler issue, needs to scale.

@chack and/or @nathanfiscus can help I’m sure. I’m in the middle of a move so my server with HA is in a box.

ZHA or Zigbee2MQTT?

Zigbee2MQTT

Thank you!

1 Like

I double checked and mine is going to exactly 39% as well.

The driver update for ST worked! I changed from 100 to something else and then back to 100 and all switches are now turning on to 100. Thank you!!

2 Likes

As a note here, default local level and remote level aren’t exposed directly on the UI for ZHA, but it also seems on my prod blue that the default on was going to around 34%~. Fixed by going into Manage Clusters > Inovelli_VZM31SN_Cluster > default_level_local > Value of 254 > Set Zigbee Attribute and Turn off/on a couple times and the repeat the steps to set it back to 255. Same for default_level_remote.

2 Likes

Hi, I’m experiencing the same 39% issue on Smartthings, but believe I am using the latest driver. Is this still an issue or does a yone have any ideas on how to fix? Ty

Did you change your max to something else and then reset it?

I’ve changed max (parameter 10?) to 99 and power cycled it yes. Or did you mean factory reset it?

No, I mean the max value. After thinking about this, if the issue is with the default level(s), try changing 13 and 14.