Blue 2-1 Duplicate Values in z2m Reporting Tab

I have recently noticed that in my reporting tab within the device in z2m, the OnOff, haElectricalMeasurement, and seMetering is duplicated on all my switches. I would imagine this causes a bit more data flowing around the network and not sure if this causing some of my odd miscommunications and responsiveness in my network.

I don’t really have a question, just though this was odd and didn’t know if it’s something in my setup or if others see it too.

Interesting side note, when I delete the duplicate entries, I get a bunch of errors related to my Blue Fan Switch

Screenshot 2023-11-15 at 1.00.19 PM
@Eric_Inovelli any ideas??

Do you have any external converters? I had a similar issue and I had some that were leftover from beta testing.

Funny you should ask, I did have a converter for the fan switch that wasn’t enabled, but the file still existed. I deleted the file and rebooted Z2M. Once I did that, I reconfigured a switch to see if it would pull all the correct reporting entities. No more errors about the fan switch, but I’m still getting double entries and missing the LevelControl on some of my switches. So I don’t know what’s going on.

1 Like

I’m going to defer to @EricM_Inovelli on this one – above my paygrade lol

@nathanfiscus Not sure if this could be related to the recent PR for the fan switch. I haven’t noticed this on my install but I am wondering if others have seen it.

I can’t think of any reason related to the converter that the reporting entries would get duplicated. There is only one call to create them in the configure function. My best guess would be that MQTT is retaining some info somewhere. Might be worth trying to force delete the switch and re-pair.

I’ll give that a shot and report back!