Hey All,
I just installed two pairs of VZM36/VZM31-SN’s. The fanopy modules are running 1.02 and the switches are running 3.07.
The canopy module is wired to constant power (not via the switch/smart bulb mode)
The switch has EP3 controlling the fan and has bindings set up (via Inovelli’s own directions) for the light/fan and this all appears to work.
What doesn’t seem to work is DefaultLevelRemote 1. I have this set to 254 on both the switches themselves and the canopy light, however when the light is turned on via the switch or HomeAssistant the light resumes the previous state.
Because this fails the same way via HA I don’t think this has anything to do with the binding or any commands the switch are sending it.
Here’s how I can reproduce it:
- Tap up on the switch
- Hold up/down on the switch to set the dim level to anything under 100% (normally I go for about 50% so I can see the difference but the exact percentage doesn’t matter.
- Tap down on the switch, the switch and the canopy light go to off
- Tap up on the switch, the switch goes to 100% as verified by it’s LED bar and by HomeAssistant, but the fan light goes back to the last dim level
- Tap up on the switch and this triggers a “go to 100%” command which the canopy module listens to.
Doing the same thing but via HA has the same result. Dim the canopy module via the switch or HA. Turn the light off in HA, turn it back on and it goes back to the previous dim level.
I’ve got a small army of Red dimmers that work correctly. Set them to any dim level, turn them off locally or via HA, turn them on locally or via HA and they go to 100%.
Running the most recent version of Z2M on almost the most recent version of HA, but given the behavior is the same between the physical switch and HA it seems like a firmware bug.
I’m not a Zigbee guy (Insteon Die hard here who is slowly moving to ZWave, except for these guys). I assume both the switch and HA are sending a Cluster 6 “On” command and the fan module is ignoring the parameter since an explicit dim level is not sent (Cluster 8?)
It doesn’t seem like I’ve got anything set up wrong, but maybe? Anyone else see this behavior or can reproduce it?
Edit: So, digging through here - Blue Series Fan/Light Canopy Module • Parameters | Inovelli Help Center
Parameter 125 - Binding Default Level. Seems like what I’m missing, but it also says it was implemented in firmware 2.14+. Is that correct and is that some secret beta somewhere?
Is the module treating the on/off commands from HA as “binding” commands and is that why it’s equally as broken from HA and from the bound switch?
Also that parameter list mentions local/remote default level but uh, it’s a canopy module and there is no local control. The parameter list seems like it’s there in the switch but it’s not exposed in Z2M anywhere.