Blue Dimmer (2-in-1) - Disabling SingleTap and Hold Controls

I’m wondering if it’s possible to configure this switch so that single-taps of the up/down buttons do not control the light physically wired to the switch. Same with holding these buttons and changing the brightness.

I have a blue dimmer that is wired to control some pendant lights in my kitchen, but I never want to control them individually or dedicate buttons on this switch to controlling them. I’d actually like to use single-taps on this switch to activate scenes that do not even include these pendant lights through home assistant.

I have other switches where I’d prefer to use the hold actions to trigger a scene in home assistant instead of dimming the attached lights.

Are either (or both) of these things possible?

Edit: disabling local control altogether has been solved, but I’d still like input on hold gestures

Sounds like you want to disable parameter 256 – i.e. disable local protection/control.

Ahh now I see it. I didn’t understand what that setting does at first. That solves my issue with the pendant lights, thank you.

For other lights, I’d still like to disable using button holds to change brightness level so I can opt for scene control instead. If you or anyone else has input there, I’d appreciate it! The other lights are more important, so retaining local on/off control is important in case my server goes down.

Is there a reason you want to use holds for scenes instead of multi-taps?

Unless you disable local control, I don’t think there’s any way you can use holds for scenes instead of dimming.

1 Like

Just a preference. I.e. walking into a room and holding the down button for very dim lights just feels right to me. I also never adjust brightness using the holds, so opening those up to custom actions would be great.