Blue Fan Switch Question

Thanks!

Is reporting no firmware available. I am at a loss here lol. I hope I didn’t get a bad batch :disappointed:

If you mean 1.04, then you are at the latest (production) firmware for now. 1.06 was paused about 2 weeks ago for Z2M due to an issue. It may not have been re-released yet, although I don’t know the current status.

It must be a UI bug, But is definitely saying V.04. I also dont understand why my options are different than others with the same switch :confused:

One of the HA gurus will have to weigh in here.

@chack ??

1 Like

This is somewhat the same? Blue Series Fan Switch showing as light rather than fan entity in Home Assistant - #17 by EricM_Inovelli

Maybe lol. I don’t use ZHA, but it seems as if the switch is half detected as a dimmer and not as a fan even though I have fan modes :confused:

That is just a mistake in the version string from the factory. It is actually firmware 1.04 that your switch has.

The reason it says “dimmer” or “on/off” is actually because z2m is sharing the parameter info from the 2-1 but you can essentially say that dimmer = celing fan and on/off = exhaust fan.

3 Likes

ah! Thanks! I somewhat figured that and is the options I chose.