Blue Fan Switch Question

Hello new here! Loving your product, as I switch my whole home to use your switches I have found a few things I have questions about…

On the Blue switch for fans, is the default type aux switch? I have three fans, and the default mode seems to be an aux instead of a single pole.

Thanks!

BumP :slight_smile:

I’m not sure what’s the default from factory. I know it’s set to on/off (exhaust mode), but I don’t know if it’s set for 3 way or single. I usually change all switch settings immediately after including into the network.

1 Like

Just checked the Help page. Looks like default is 0 (single load). Blue Series Fan Switch • Parameters | Inovelli Help Center

1 Like

That’s odd mine was defaulted to aux and I don’t see a setting to change from exhaust to fan. Also I see mine is set to smart by default. Does that also need to change?

Yes. Which hub are you using? You can configure it from the paddle too.

1 Like

I am using Z2M in Homeassistant.

My fans are dumb dimmable Emerson fans. I just want to make sure I have the optimal setting in the switch for them. For some reason the default settings seems wrong :grin:

Factory reset the switch and see what you get. It ought to be simple enough to set the parameters from your hub if you don’t like what you wind up with.

Can’t help you there, but there’s some smart Z2M folks here that can assist with changing switch parameters.

Thanks for your reply!

I did and got the same settings again.

Hmmm, it’s possible the defaults changed with a firmware update. Easy enough to reset them though.

Recommend trying Blue Series Fan Switch • Setup Instructions • Zigbee2MQTT | Inovelli Help Center

Thanks for your link… My settings look different than the instructions…
I don’t have an option for fan under OutputMode… Is only Dimmer or ON/OFF… This is confusing :confused:

1 Like

You sure you installed a LZW35-SN and not a LZW31?

1 Like

Zigbee Model
VZM35-SN
Zigbee Manufacturer
Inovelli
Description
Fan controller

Edit: I have 3 of them and all 3 are this way. Even after a reset.

1 Like

Give me 30 mins and I’ll see if I can run up my Z2M VM and see what mine include as.

1 Like

Thanks for your help!

1 Like

Uhm… I just notice that my firmware is definitely wrong:

Firmware version
V.04

All 3 are reporting this firmware.

1 Like

Can you do an OTA upgrade?

1 Like

Well not much help on my Z2M instance. I’m at 1.06 firmware so it doesn’t recognize Inovelli as the manufacturer.

May have to wait for others to chime in that are more familiar with it than I (which is like 1%).

1 Like