Blue - Flashing a 'teal' color every 1 to 1.5 seconds

Hello Team,

I have a 3-way setup with Blue switches. I just installed a Phillips Hue Infuse ceiling light. Things went well up to this point. I paired successfully with z2M in HA. After I put the switch in Smart bulb mode, shortly after, the switch LED began to flash a teal color every 1 - 1.5 seconds. I could not reset the switch (holding config/top toggle down for 20 seconds +). See attached picture of color when flashing.

I could not find the meaning of the LED color/flashing indicators, etc.

Could one of you smart folks point me in the right direction to troubleshoot?

Thanks much in advance,

I would pull the air gap to reboot the switch first.

If that doesn’t get it, and you cannot factory reset the switch as you describe, make sure that you do not have local control disabled.

I’m not sure what flashing teal indicates.

Thank you for your reply.

When I turn on the air-gap, then turn it off again, the flashing immediately starts. I am unsure how to reset the switch.

Also, when I make adjustments to the switch settings, Z2M displays a list of errors… attached is a sample of some of them…

Z2M errors

Can’t help you with the Z2M logs, but since this started after you enabled the SBM, see if you can turn the SBM off. You can do it with a quick tap sequence at the switch:

Disable Smart Bulb Mode

To disable Smart Bulb Mode on your Blue Series 2-1 Switch, hold down on the bottom part of the paddle (off) while simultaneously tapping the configuration button four (4) times (do not let go of the paddle when finished tapping the config button). Wait for the LED Bar to flash solid blue (and then let go of the paddle) indicating the switch has disabled Smart Bulb Mode.

If you get it turned off, see if you can factory reset then.

Also, here is how to turn off local protection using a quick tap. If local protection is enabled at the switch, the factory reset button presses won’t work. See if you can turn it off (just in case it’s enabled).

Disable Local Protection Mode

To disable Local Protection Mode (Parameter 256) on your Blue Series 2-1 Switch, hold down on the bottom part of the paddle (off) while simultaneously tapping the configuration button ten (10) times (do not let go of the paddle when finished tapping the config button). Wait for the LED Bar to flash solid red (and then let go of the paddle) indicating the switch has disabled Local Protection Mode.

Thank you for the reply.

I was able to turn off smart bulb and local protection mode.

Then I reset the switch (holding config/up paddle for 20+ sec). The reset was successful.

Once I put the switch back into smart bulb mode, when I turn on the switch, it blinks teal like before with the hue light blinking almost in sync with the switch LED.

I’ll now check for reverse polarity, wire connection issues with the switch, etc.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Thank you for your help Bry. Process of elimination… It turned out that the switch neutral wire had a bad/no connection. Wires have been checked and the switch & it’s Aux are operating as designed.

Thanks again!

Ward

4 Likes