Blue Series 2-1 Firmware Changelog | VZM31-SN

This seems to be fixed in v2.10. Or at least, it’s more stable. However, dimming speeds seem to be messed up with zigbee binding. Overall, I have found v2.10 to be more stable.

I am hoping default level local on 2.10 actually works with group binding because it doesn’t for me on 2.8

1 Like

Is 2.10 generally available? My Z2M isn’t seeing it currently.

No, 2.10 is not generally available and given the comment re it being tested, I’d probably hold off for now on updating to it manually.

1 Like

@Eric_Inovelli or @EricM_Inovelli Any chance we can get this bug fixed in the latest?

Inovelli VZM31-SN Blue Switches Error on Smart Bulb Toggle · Issue #85610 · home-assistant/core (github.com)

Its constantly kicking my switches from On/Off to Dimmer.

v2.11 is now available. Anyone have a changelog available?

This is happening for me any time a switch loses power, including pulling the air gap. Easy fix, but admittedly frustrating when needing to flip the breaker to install more switches lol

Since neither Eric has said anything about new firmware in the community here, I’d bet anything that it’s not formally released yet.

IIRC, you are on Hubitat – as I understand it, there’s no way for Eric to separately push a beta firmware on Hubitat, so if you ping for an update, you’ll get a beta if they are actively testing. Which isn’t a good idea to do for those of us who aren’t officially beta testing with them.

When 2.1x drops for real, I’m sure it’ll be widely proclaimed here in the community along with all its release details.

1 Like

Wait for notes in the change log before you update unless you want to beta test it. There’s a reason it’s not in the changelog yet. It’s not official release until then

2 Likes

Not sure if this is a definitive statement, but it sounds like OTA updates will not be supported by SmartThings. Crazy decision if you ask me

See [ST Edge] Is it possible to upgrade device's firmware using OTA? - #37 by JDRoberts - Writing Edge Drivers - SmartThings Community

Although smartthings support is selling a very different story, it appears this is actually the real truth - and very disappointing.

1 Like

Hi group,
Any updates on 2.11 and the release? I’m hoping to resolve some of my excess traffic issues and we’re closing in on a month since it was talked about in 2.10. Other posts talked about 2.11 dropping this week. There’s not much chatter about features or bugs found in either direction.

Just looking for an ETA. When it drops I’m planning on rebuilding my mesh from scratch.
Thanks,
Jonathan

Has 2.10 been released yet, outside of beta?

No. There are some issues with the release they are trying to address with 2.11. Once things are tested and confirmed stable there will be another release outside the beta group.

Soontm - Or more likely once any bugs are worked out. Nobody likes running a buggy release and risking decreases in the spouse approval factor :slight_smile:

6 Likes

2.10 and 2.11 were pulled from Hubitat Official Repo.
My guess is they’re working on the next version to fix some issues, but it’s just speculation.
After much diagnostic, it seems the switches are flooding the network with routing table requests.
Not sure why, but within 25 seconds, I’ve seen the same MAC address ask for the routing table 3 times. That just doesn’t seem right to me.

On another note, I switched to Home Assistant due to Hubitat’s radio firmware not being great to begin with. So far HA is much more stable with zigbee2mqtt than previously on Hubitat. All my switches are running v2.10 though.

4 Likes

Z2M is crazy reliable. I built a small mesh and tried to crash it. Left devices unplugged, dropped routers, started pairing for no good reason, all devices came back without issue, even devices know to be a pita on HE, Hue dimmer, various aqara non-zigbee standard.

1 Like

It depends on which stick you use though I think.

I’ve crashed it several times trying to pair multiple light bulbs at once. But I’m using the Sonoff Dongle-E - which it lists as “experimental”. It works fine, just it will crash if I try and pair too much at once.

ZHA had no problems with it, but doing things like changing the Inovelli device settings en masse was impossible using ZHA. It’a fairly easy using Z2M.

I use Conbee II with firmware 26580700.
I know there are problems with zigbee2mqtt if you use newer firmware releases of Conbee II.

1 Like

I’ve also found an issue with Home Assistant that gives warning in logs stating too many entities for a single device. Seems like each Inovelli switch has many entities under the MQTT Broker. When you have a large amount of switches, the entities grow to over 3,000+. This causes long start up times of the broker and also causes slow performance over the zigbee network via zigbee2mqtt.

We have a couple issues that we are trying to iron out before we push a new firmware release. As @SamJWard mentioned, there’s some excess network traffic that some are seeing, and it is really bogging down some networks. It seems to be on large networks with group bindings setup. Our engineer has not been able to replicate it on a smaller network, so he is gathering the equipment necessary to test with many devices. He said he could work on this next week so fingers crossed. We are also seeing a limited issue where some switches are not updating. It has been very limited (4 units), but we are wanting to verify things more and be extra cautious before pushing updates. It has actually been kind of tough with how ZigBee Ota is setup on various platforms, where pushing an update out to a small group of people is more difficult than with Z-Wave. Just another reason we are making sure to get things right. Just wanted to keep everyone in the loop and want you to know that we are still working behind the scenes.

10 Likes