Blue Series 2-1 Signal / Routing / Performance Issue Troubleshooting Thread

If the 04 range switches are unaffected by this issue, obviously something else is going on with mine. Going to gather more information and will probably open a new thread.

Folks, as stated several times in this thread… if they start with either of these sequences they are affected by the issue.

Cc @nugget check your sheet…

1 Like

I switched a 94:34:69 for a 94:de:b8 and they perform about the same. Which is to say they probably only work cause I have a strong mesh.

1 Like

I saw you say that. I never saw Eric or anyone else at Inovelli say that. Eric provided two more precise ranges and hasn’t clarified beyond that. Could be correct, but there’s a lot of speculation in the thread.

7 Likes

94:de:b8 shouldn’t be impacted. What do you see for #’s for it?

1 Like

Suit yourself. Just trying to help ya.

Perhaps related and maybe another hardware issue – I’ve noticed that some LED bulbs that are fine on the Red series flicker when dimmed with the Blue series. It’s a strong 60hz flicker when dimmed to lower levels on some, but not all, LED bulbs.

Is that possibly also a hardware defect since I never saw it with the Red series? Or is that maybe expected given different components in the Blue series?

Seems like the hubitat driver doesn’t have all the state variables labeled yet. I have a 94:de:b8 that seems to be working about 11 feet away from my hub through 1 wall. Do you know what parameter# the LQI is?

I don’t think there’s a parameter for it, just have to go to your zigbee logs to see it.

1 Like

I have 2 affected switches out of 6. The working one starting with 40: seems to have a low LQI, and I noticed out of hundreds of Zigbee devices I’ve used, it’s the only one labelled “low ram concentratorType” , is that the way it should be in Hubitat?

Summary

status:Active, age:32, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Plug Iris Basement Stairs, B6B0] via [Plug Iris Basement Stairs, B6B0]
status:Active, age:32, routeRecordState:2, concentratorType:Low Ram, [Switch Blue Zig 3.0 8278 at join, 8278] via [Plug Closet Kitchen Iris, B3FD]
status:Active, age:0, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Aqara Button 6, 92B4] via [Syl Hat Fam 1, 592D]
status:Active, age:0, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [XBEE3_PC_ANT, B1D3] via [XBEE3_PC_ANT, B1D3]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [_nightlight_1DA5_909, BF58] via [_nightlight_1DA5_909, BF58]
status:In Discovery, age:0, routeRecordState:2, concentratorType:High Ram, [null, 0000] via [Plug Closet Kitchen Iris, B3FD]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Repeater Tuya Basement By Furnace, 4326] via [Repeater Tuya Basement By Furnace, 4326]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Light rear vest smart 💡, A9CB] via [Light 3D printer, 045E]
status:In Discovery, age:0, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Repeater Tuya Porch, DA18] via [Syl Hat Loft 3, 6FEE]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Plug Iris Addition, 1CCD] via [Syl Hat Fam 3, F50A]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Light Front Porch 💡, F35C] via [Light Front Porch 💡, F35C]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Syl Hat Loft 4, C451] via [Syl Hat Library 1, 0B1E]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Syl Hat Fam 3, F50A] via [Syl Hat Fam 3, F50A]

I have a switch that reports its LQI as a constant 255 through HA / ZHA but its working just fine. IEEE is 04:0d:84 series. The other switch I have (Same IEEE) reports as per normal.

Installed 9 Blues yesterday as multi-way smart-to-smart switches. They worked great - until I packed them back into the wall. Then 2 of them stopped responding at all to any updates from bound switches, and stopped updating the switches to which they were bound. 100% failure rate on those 2 switches.

Found this thread - it’s unclear which ranges are impacted (is it all 38.xx and 94.xx ranges, or just 38:5b:44:ff:fe:ee and 94:34:69:ff:fe:08?)

6 of my 10 switches are 38.xx or 94.xx, but only 3 are in the more restrictive ranges. 2 of those 3 aren’t working for me at all.

By the way, for SmartThings users on the Edge drivers - you can view the EUI/IEEE address digitally by digging through “Switch to Bulb(s)” → “Smart Bulb(s) Wired to Smart Switch” → “Smart Switch to 1x Smart Bulb” → “Written Instructions” → “Getting the Zigbee ID” → “Smart Bulb is using an Edge Driver” at How To's | Setup Zigbee Binding - SmartThings When you get to the end of that chain, you find a link to generate an OAuth-like token at SmartThings (SmartThings. Add a little smartness to your things.) and then paste it into an Inovelli page that can list device details (ST Device Info Viewer). Don’t lose the token - you’ll need to re-paste it every time you visit the Inovelli page.

2 Likes

38:5b:44 and 94:34:69 are the ranges I’m aware of from testing that occurred by community members. The 94:de:b8 range doesn’t appear to be affected from personal and others experience as an example. Obviously would have to defer to the manufacturer as I’m sure they have more specific details, but at least at this point, those are the only ranges I’m aware of that have this issue.

1 Like

Okay, great - that clarifies things, and matches my experience. I have 2 switches in the 94:de:b8 range that seem to be working fine.

2 Likes

I only have one switch installed (94:DE:B8, FW v2.05) but I’m having issues receiving tap events from the switch; sending events (led_effects and on/off) to the switch seems to work great. I’m using zigbee2mqtt v1.28.2-1 on HA 2022.11.1. Fortunately, this switch seems to be working well as a router for several other zigbee devices.

I just checked the other 29 switches I received last week and it looks like 24/30 switches I ordered fall into the problematic IEEE ranges. Assuming more ranges are not added, at least I have six good ones.

1 Like

I also only have one installed (94:DE:B8 - and upgraded through Z2M to 2.05) - I just went and checked to see if I was having the same issues with sending or receiving messages.

I didn’t see any immediate issue with sending messages ‘like pulse’ or receiving multi-tap events - I did noticed that if I was too quick on clicking it wouldn’t register - I had to be a little slower but deliberate.

But that isn’t to say that this should work for everyone - just adding in my experience.

As many others, I just checked my shipment and 49/50 are in the ‘bad number’ ranges. Just want to confirm what I need to do to get on the list for replacements.

And also to thank you all for working through this.

3 Likes

Glad I checked this thread before installing more than 3 switches, 20/21 of mine are on the naughty list haha.

Just getting caught up on this. 9/10 of my switches are in the bad batch. I filled out the form for completeness, adding the switches I hadn’t installed yet. Thanks for your help with this! I have one switch that seems to function well and it’s great! Looking forward to getting more like that one :slight_smile:

Filled out what form?