Blue Series 2-1 Switch Bulb Flickering (PAR20)

I haven’t, but those are designed for triac dimmers.

Good catch. Is there such a thing for MOSFET dimmers like the blue?

The LDS is the only device of its type that I have encountered.

1 Like

My guess is that it would work the same…

@rmowles I was just messaging Doug and Scott at aartech about this today funnily enough. I want to pick these up but $80 for a sample kit that can’t be returned is a bit risky. Any chance you have an open one already I can test? I’m local. If it works then happy to share that confirmation back with the community so that others can jump on board too. I would buy several in that case myself.

1 Like

We’ve never even had anyone ask to return them. I think they’ve just always worked. I tell you what, for the sake of the Inovelli community we’ll use you as a guinea pig and if none of them work we’ll take them back this one time. We’ll trust your honesty and you can report back here (and to Aartech) and let us know.

4 Likes

@rmowles thank you. The great customer service is why aartech is such a pleasure to deal with, among other reasons. I will order and report back to all.

@rmowles Unfortunately these do not seem to have helped in my particular situation. I was debating as to whether there might have been fractional improvement with one particular light, but after close comparison I feel there is not. I tried installing at the switch and also at the end of the run as suggested in the instructions, but neither seems to have helped :frowning:

Have you tried the new firmware?

I’m not sure if this is an abandoned topic, but I have been fighting flickering with 2.15 blue series 2-1 switches with Philips bulbs on all my switches since going to 2.15. Zigbee2MQTT has ran the update from 2.11 or 2.14 to 2.15 and doesn’t show 2.15 for all that were updated but when checking for newer firmware it reports I’m at the latest. I checked other forums and others have had this issue as well so I’m working on the assumption they are misreporting for now.

I don’t see any parameter for leading/trailing edge that was supposed to be in the 2.15 update but checking the converter file on GitHub it doesn’t appear to be there yet despite it being listed the Blue Series user manual. So I have tried changing from single pole and 3-Way w/Dumb to change between leading/trailing edge. Still didn’t see any change after doing so (flickers at 175 and 254, as well as a major flicker when dimming up from Off to 255).

Today I changed a set of bulbs to the recommended GE Relax bulbs and this flicker at any level below max. The 2-1 switch for those is 2.14, and reports no update available when checking so again I’m assuming it’s 2.15 but may be misreporting due to the other issue I saw on a different topic.

I don’t know why, but since trying to update all to 2.15 I can’t get my Philips to not flicker when they were solid on 2.11 and 2.14 previously (house wide with different fixture types but same bulb family). And I’ve tried the 2nd bulb also on the app as compatible with no luck. So I’m hoping someone can help since I don’t want to just not use dimming at all now when it worked in the past or start buying many different bulbs to try and find ones that work with 2.15 since this seems to invalidate the historical compatibility of the bulbs.