Blue Series 2-1 Switch: Config and multi-tap on the paddles aren't being consistently recognized by Z2M

I’ve set up my Blue Series (VZM31-SN) and basic functionality seems to work fine - I can turn on/off my light and dim them up and down.

I’m using Home Assistant v2022.11.1 and Z2M v1.28.2-1 and I’ve updated my switch to the latest firmware v2.0.5, and I’ve installed this blueprint for automating various button presses.

I noticed that the blueprint automations weren’t always working, so I took a look at the Z2M logs. When I hit my config button, I don’t always get any logs showing it was pressed. If I immediately hit the “up” button once, I see it in the logs. Hit config again, nothing. If I try a double tap up, I also don’t see anything come through the logs. Occasionally, the config button press will be recognized, but I haven’t been able to figure out a pattern for when it works and when it doesn’t. It definitely doesn’t work if I press it too close in succession (as in, press it, wait 2-3 seconds, then press it again…it’s not recognized the second time, if it was even recognized the first time).

I checked HA logs and didn’t see any related messages, and since the Z2M logs aren’t showing anything at all, I’m not sure what more I can provide at this time for troubleshooting…but please let me know and I’ll provide any details you need to help point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance!

Seeing the same here. This thread has more info: Blue 2-1 "Wake" needed?. Sounds like there is a firmware issue at play that can hopefully be resolved.

@tigers thanks…seems pretty close to the issue I’m having, too. i’ll monitor that thread!