Blue Series dimmer control of wifi RGBCCT bulbs

I apologize in advance if this topic is covered somewhere else. I could not find it. I am looking for a way to control the dimming of a wifi rgbcct bulbs (tuya compatible) from a blue dimmer paddle. I am using home assistant as the hub. I have several bulbs and I would like to control them is groups of 4.

Any suggestions?

One way to do it is by using automations leveraging the multi-tap capability of the switch.

For example:

• 1x down <-> lights off
  • 1x up <-> lights to x brightness
  • 2x up <-> lights to xx brightness
    . . etc . .
    You could go further to use presses to increment the brightness with a bit of coding.

Also, someone here, @pjf maybe, once posted about using a press and hold to increment brightness using HA in a non-bound, non-associated environment. . I think . . possibly . . .

II Thanks for the reply.
Im looking to implement a press and hold, dim up/down user experience if possible.
Something like…
one press up > on to preset level
one press dn > off
2x press up > 100%
Press hold up > ramp brightness up
Press hold dn > ramp brightness dn
multi taps of the control button would set the color/color temp

I’m new to this community. How do i find the posts by @PJF

To find posts from a particular user, precede your search term with @username

From the Gen 2 days:

It was a red switch thing. There is an update that repeats every 200mS saying the switch is held down. I was using that to trigger an automation to increase/decrease the brightness something like 4% so the brightness ramped at 20% per second.

PJF thanks. Do you remember what entity that updates every 200ms? Im looking for something in the blue that has the same behavior.

How was the user experience using that method?

Thanks

It was part of the scenes and I have no idea what the equivalent is for the Blue. It worked OK but it was network intensive.