Blue Series Fan Switch - Z2M / HA - Is it possible to stop single click from turning fan on/off and set that to double click?

Hello,

I am currently configuring a few Blue Series Fan Switches to replace some dumb fan switches that also controlled lights. I have smart zigbee bulbs (Hue) which I’ve bound to the switch as well but the fan turns on and off with the bulb. I can configure double click or config button to toggle the bulb but ultamatly I’d like single on/off click to work for the bulb and then either the config button or double, triple, quadruple clicks to control fan speed. However, I cannot figure out a way to decouple single on/off click from turning the fan on and off. Is this possible?

Thanks!

LocalProtection enabled looks promising for what I am trying to do. I can still configure the fan in Home Assistant and it blocks the switch from turning anything on. Before finding that I tried setting DefaultLevelLocal to 0 but the fan still turned on.

I would turn on local protection and then create an automation to turn the switch on or off with a single press up or down. Single press up should work. I have an automation to set the band to low on a single press up.

This has been working great, I was able to use the switch intended only for the fan control for both fan and light thanks to local protection. I had to configure everything in HA myself and I couldn’t Zigbee bind the bulb to the switch without the fan turning on too so it depends on HAOS staying up but it works fine. Got dimming for press/hold, on/off for the bulb with single clicks, config button clicks toggle the fan and set the speed, and then I added a few more scenes for my sons nightlight and light strip. I was even able to program the LED strip in HAOS to change color depending on what was on. I have two more fans like this in the other bedrooms and I ordered switches for them. I can port my automations over to App Daemon so I can use it for all of them. I find that easier than creating a blueprint in HA and I haven’t tried Node-RED yet.